Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> BVI People Talk

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
sail2wind
Traveler

Loc: GJ, CO S/V Long Overdue
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: CanadianGirrrl]
      #1592671 - 06/03/14 07:16 PM (98.127.105.39)

Quote:

CanadianGirrrl said:
a month ago we were at Couples Jamaica, there were 4 weddings on the beach that week, no kids, there's tons to do, only 125 rooms, off-shore island, everything is included (even more inclusions than sandal's "we have the most inclusions" statement) and at a lower price. they provide butler level service to everyone, they knew my name and my drink by day 2 and were bringing drinks to me using the red flag in the sand system! All the off site excursions are paid for by the hotel including admission and transportation to margaritaville, dunns river falls, shopping, etc. all water sports and staff are on site and not contracted out so you can go when you want (within reason I suppose), the food was perfect at every one of the many restaurants, it was easy to make or change dinner reservations, top shelf booze, top entertainment, big rooms, the included wine was ok but we knew they had a secret list you had to pay for, but those wines were half of what they cost in Canada, we ordered from this list all week and it included a couple Mondavi's as well as our favourite Cakebread. Highly recommend this place. there are 4 couples resorts in Jamaica, 2 in Negril and 2 in Ocho Rios, we stayed in Ochi at Tower Isle, we heard that swept away in negril is also very good. good luck!

a big +1 2 weeks at Couples Negril was the best land based vacation ever. Delicious food, impeccable service, and tipping is not permitted

Carol, I don't read anything in the OP's remarks stating only south of USVI?

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: sail2wind]
      #1592675 - 06/03/14 08:01 PM (72.61.37.28)

Not in the original post, but post made later on..

BarleyMan
Traveler

Loc: San Diego
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1592710 - 06/04/14 12:40 AM (76.93.128.12)

We were in Isles de saints in Guadeloupe in March. Beautiful set of islands.

--------------------
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

Lainer
Traveler

Loc: near Atlanta
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: BarleyMan]
      #1592845 - 06/04/14 03:27 PM (67.191.215.18)

WE LOVED Couples Swept Away.
Plenty to do.......plenty to NOT do.
Sunset sail, scuba, glass bottom boat, snorkling, etc. all included. Pleasant staff. Delicious food. Fun entertainment in the evening.
No kids. All couples. No really crazy singles. (sorry singles)

Manpot
Traveler

Loc: Tortola/ Sonoma, California
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: BarleyMan]
      #1592866 - 06/04/14 04:00 PM (65.48.219.244)

The Saints would be right up there with St Barth's for me..like St Barth's thirty years ago..

AquaGirl
Traveler

Loc: Virginia suburbs of DC
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: Flotsam]
      #1594029 - 06/11/14 12:17 AM (173.66.55.191)

We've been to Nevis 4 times and absolutely loved it. Its an incredibly scenic island with some small "boutique" type places to stay, as well as the Four Seasons (big resort). The beaches are primarily dark sand, so they are pretty, but not the classic type of white sand and turquoise waters you see in the BVI/USVI. There is nice rainforest hiking and a great botanical garden too. The snorkeling is just fair compared to the BVI/USVI. However, Nevis is off our list right now since they had 10 murders in 2013. We've read that drugs and guns have impacted the island. We are sad since it was a very low key and safe place when we visited in years past.

Bequia has been on our list for years, but its such a pain to get there that we haven't gone yet. Last week, the boat captain on our day sail charter (who sails south for the winters from USVI and stops in Bequia) told us that crack and guns have come to Bequia. From his perspective, crime has increased and the island has really changed. I don't have any facts, so this would need some research.

I hesitated to post this so as not to start a "crime in the islands" debate. If your kids are interested in these places, encourage them to read up on them first to ensure they would be comfortable there. We all know there is some level of crime on all the islands, and we need to make our decisions with knowledge.

RickBlaine
Traveler

Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: AquaGirl]
      #1594092 - 06/11/14 11:15 AM (208.87.234.180)

Interesting to hear about Nevis. We spent a week there last year and really enjoyed it.

amurphy08Moderator

Loc: Vieques, PR
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: RickBlaine]
      #1595085 - 06/18/14 02:45 PM (66.129.168.130)

My favorite island to date in the Caribbean is Anguilla. I am ready to go back.It's simply amazing and perfect for honeymooner's.It is expensive.
St. Bart's is awesome also.
Puerto Rico is great, but I am biased since I live here.
I loved Nevis as well but haven't been in 7 years.
All that being said, I am headed back to Tortola in a couple weeks (it's been 4 years!) to meet Linda Kay and we will be seeing Candace and Malcolm!

shuke
Traveler

Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: sail2wind]
      #1595833 - 06/24/14 09:16 AM (208.16.142.101)

I went to St. Martin for my honeymoon and loved it. I just got back from Turks and Caicos and loved it too. Both are very similar with wonderful beaches, great food and great people.

I would say the travel is a little easier to Turks and Caicos and the beaches may be slightly nicer (only slightly).

I think the food is slightly better and the island life / night life may be better in St. Martin. St. Martin was cheaper when I visited, but it is their honeymoon so that may not matter.

You really can't go wrong either way.

If you want to see my photos and trip report from Turks and Caicos please see it here:
Turks and Caicos - Trip Reports

--------------------
I hate signatures, but love irony.

bvilovercgb
Traveler

Loc: ONTARIO
Re: Fun (and safe!) non-USVI/BVI honeymoon destination [Re: Flotsam]
      #1597522 - 07/06/14 08:44 PM (173.0.214.13)

I loved Antigua. The people are friendly, it's pretty clean and there are a few wonderful all inclusive resorts which offer a great value.
I do agree St. Bart's is awesome too. but I loved Antigua.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5450

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL