Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> Caravanserai Now Alegria

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | >> (show all)
Bare
Traveler

Loc: In the woods.
Re: Caravanserai [Re: DebNLena]
      #1609079 - 10/11/14 01:45 PM (162.218.147.156)

I just rec'd my refund of $199 x 3 from RCI on my CC. Will now be at Royal Palm - this entire mess is a shame for those who were caught by surprise. Happy you two seem alright for now - see you soon.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
mhughes56
Traveler

Re: Caravanserai [Re: Bare]
      #1609087 - 10/11/14 03:24 PM (74.112.213.134)

Just an update on our situation , I received a call about an hour ago from Maria.....I almost passed out because I sure didn't expect a call back from last week. I explained to her that I was not angry with her and Minerva as they are only doing what they are told. I told her I was not going to pay fees again for something we already paid for and that paper Alegria wanted us to sign was way to ambiguous for me or any one with good sense to sign. I am moderately hopeful that based off the radio interview on the 9th of the member of the timeshare association that when meetings begin this week between all parties concerned that maybe some satisfactory path forward might be found. Maria stated that Alegria had only the best intentions but nobody in their right mind would believe that based off of their opening move. It smacks more of greed than reconciliation.

SummerBreeze1970
Traveler

Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: MrWhiskerssammy]
      #1610314 - 10/18/14 11:51 AM (96.23.93.50)

I am realllllllllly MAD !! Mr. Maneck screwed every single one of us by running away with OUR MONEY !! This just proves that he's a ROYAL SUCCCKER !! We bought and paid in full a full ownership and got sweet f*ck all. Our lawyers said that there is no way we will get our money back !! Well MR.MANECK has not finished hearing his name loitered on the net and we will do everything in our power to prevent people to even go back to the ALEGRIA HOTEL it's all a scam I'm sure that bartered knew what he was doing by screwing all of us one at a time !!

january
Traveler

Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: SummerBreeze1970]
      #1610392 - 10/18/14 05:00 PM (50.170.55.250)

I'm surprised that Marty hasn't chimed in. He said he would when things got settled. Also, is his Dream Bar in operation?

Bob_Dot
Traveler

Loc: North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: january]
      #1610395 - 10/18/14 05:37 PM (68.109.114.220)

His Dream Bar?

San
Traveler

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: Bob_Dot]
      #1610396 - 10/18/14 05:46 PM (32.211.77.55)

Marty DID post on his Facebook site a few hours ago. It reads as follows:

Alegria hotel resort ( former Caravanserai )
As requested by Many timeshare owners , my 2 cents.

I had a meeting with the new owner, Mr. Sidhom and he explained me exactly whatís going on. So here it goes with full knowledge of Mr. Sidhom, me writing this.
We are no longer a timeshare resort. The new owner bought the land, long term lease, through a public auction set up by scotia bank. Mr. Sidhom bought the land legally. The land deed was sold by foreclosure by Scotia Bank. Mr. Sidhom took full ownership on Septemer 15th 2014. Mr. Sidhom did NOT buy or was obliged to buy endless vacation N.V. or Kildare N. V. what your timeshare contracts were under. The former owner, Mr. Manek, managing director of those 2 companies made a mess of it, therefor the bank took it back. The bank did again NOT sell the cooperations ( N.V. s) but only the land deed . Mr Sidhom has NO obligation honoring any contracts made between timeshare owners and kildare N.V. or Endless Vacation N.V. He is not at fault here. He bought the land so he can make this the best HOTEL resort in the Caribbean. NEVER AGAIN a timeshare or vacation club or which ever. 100 % hotel! If he would have bought it directly from Mr. Manek then we have the dutch saying> Koop breekt geen huur. Buying does not break leases. He however bought it through foreclosure auction which is why he does NOT have to take over any companies previous associated with the resort. So after consulting with also my lawyer, any action law suits you are planning against Mr. Sidhom , Alegria N.V. or Alegria B.V will stand little ground and will cost you legal fees. The one to go after would be Endless Vacation or Kildare and go even further straight to Mr. Manek . I know how bad this is for the timeshare owners. But again Mr. Sidhom did nothing wrong and is being made look like the bad guy on behalf of Mr. Manek. Mr. Sidhom feels extremely bad about the situation also, but he also has to protect his investment. What he is doing now is ( what he does NOT have to do, but does so people can still come on vacation as planned if they want to) is charging you for whatever the amount was you were paying anyway for maintenance for ur old timeshare unit. THAT unit will be your unit you stay in . Thatís why in your letter it stated a Hotel room, since we are 100 % hotel. This is on an annual base until he also cancels that, which he can do as of today if he wants to, because he can make a lot more income by renting the hotel room, then timeshare owners pay for a week maintenance. To recoup your investement and hard earned money like I wrote earlier , go after the right person which is anything that has to do with Mr. Manek or Scotia Bank. Iím caught in the middle of this shit also. I did however make a business deal with Mr. Sidhom, and The Dream pool bar is what it was. I believe 100 % in Mr. Sidhom Ďs intentions. Heís an Honorable business man and Iím 100 % on his team. Iím glad Mr. Manek is out. Mr. Sidhom is flying in ,on a weekly base, work crews from the states. Breaking out of mildew smelling units start next week, to rebuild them. His intentions are great! If he would NOT have purchased through foreclosure and no one would have bought, this would all have gone down the shits anyway if Mr. Manek would have stayed around. You fed him millions in maintenance and timeshare money, and all is gone! So go after the right folks! Thatís just my 2 cents, but do what you gotta do. So wanna stay? Then pay ur regular maintenance for your unit. Your contact is Maria @ Alegria hotel. Thatís where your questions should be directed to and not me. I however will do my best to keep you informed and tell you about FACTS!! Not hearsay. You might not like what I wrote, but at least I hope I cleared some questions up. Always here for yah, Marty @ The Dream

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: San]
      #1610409 - 10/18/14 07:18 PM (70.199.139.161)

All makes sense to me.

San
Traveler

Loc: Columbus, Ohio
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: SXMScubaman]
      #1610414 - 10/18/14 07:33 PM (32.211.77.55)

Well, just wait until this happens to other timeshare resorts. And, it will in time. By setting this precedent, no timeshare owner is SAFE anywhere on the island - deeded, or not deeded. There goes that HAPPY ISLAND FEELING

SXMWendell
Traveler

Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: San]
      #1610415 - 10/18/14 08:08 PM (76.206.17.33)

Hi Marty

Last week I asked for a reservation quote for a week in March. I was quoted from the Caravanseri Beach . com address. $368.75 + 20% "tax" per night . So if the former leasee's get a week for their old MF it is a bargain. Not sure if this quote is from the new Alegria or not.

SXM??? Wendell

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Caravanserai now Alegria [Re: SXMWendell]
      #1610418 - 10/18/14 08:22 PM (72.60.87.122)

Wendell, I think if you wait a little longer that the price for a reservation for Heineken week will be a lot lower..

Pages: << 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 58010

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline