Traveltalkonline.com Forums

People Talk >> Recipes

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Leagle49
Traveler

Loc: Grosse Pointe, Michigan
Re: Pork Tenderloin [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1662154 - 09/05/15 07:41 AM (68.62.25.96)

No, there is not a lot of liquid. Remember though, that the recipe is for a single tenderloin not for the back that usually contains to so I always double it. It works.

I never use concentrate either, but buy a single can and scoop out what's needed and put it back in the freezer for next time. Using fresh might not give you the intensity of orange flavor but maybe you could add some orange zest.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Pork Tenderloin [Re: Leagle49]
      #1662159 - 09/05/15 08:54 AM (72.63.215.95)

OK, thanks. Actually, it almost seems like the recipe is more a 'rub' than a 'marinade', but the ingredients sound lovely. I was thinking the flavor of regular OJ might not be as intense either, but orange zest would probably do the trick. Living in the middle of the orange groves here, I can't abide that frozen cr*p..

cruzer
Traveler

Loc: Central Coast, CA
Re: Pork Tenderloin [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1662237 - 09/05/15 08:42 PM (99.108.167.12)

I don't do a lot of pork tenderloin, primarily because there are more flavorful cuts. You just can't go wrong with pork shoulder for flavor and value, but you do need many hours to make carnitas, pulled pork and especially smoked shoulder.

I do use tenderloin when I make jerk and it turns out pretty decent, marinating overnight in the fridge. And while I really enjoy Wiener Schnitzel, veal prices are outrageous out here on the left coast, so I make pork schnitzel instead, at about 30% of the cost and 85% of the flavor. Instead of slicing into medallions and then pounding, which never gets thin enough for me, I halve a semi frozen tenderloin, and then cut into 3 or 4 slices tip-to-tip, and these cuts will pound out nicely.

JohnandBev
Traveler

Loc: Burlington, Ontario, Canada
Re: Pork Tenderloin [Re: mikeandsandy]
      #1662962 - 09/11/15 03:04 PM (69.157.57.225)

Porchetta is an easy recipe for pork tenderloin. Batali's recipe works well. If butterflying the tenderloin is an issue, ask the butcher to do it for you. Let the filling squeeze out a it at the top, makes a yummy crust

Leagle49 - rice wine vinegar is great in chicken or pork marinades

Cruzer - if jerking a tenderloin would score crisscoross to get the jerk paste "deeper" into the meat - and if you nicely jerked it, maybe finish with a thinned with rum apicot glaze!

For the tips on the tenderloin, if you don;t want to bother with them, wack them off, save in a zip lock in the freezer until you have enough for a stir fry

J&B

Twanger
Traveler

Loc: Maryland
Re: Pork Tenderloin [Re: BEERMAN]
      #1663308 - 09/14/15 05:50 PM (50.193.144.241)

Quote:

BEERMAN said:
Wrapped in bacon and grilled on a boat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 6371

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline