Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
RonDon
Traveler

Loc: Rhode Island
Re: Happy Bay [Re: Jeff_C]
      #1685288 - 02/20/16 03:18 PM (100.40.83.81)

Jeff, if your comment was directed to me, no I don't go over the speed limit. I Do go naked at a nudist camp. I just follow rules.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Hdrdr911
Traveler

Loc: New Hampshire
Re: Happy Bay [Re: RonDon]
      #1685346 - 02/21/16 08:40 AM (50.163.26.184)

Just a thought on the Happy Bay C/O debate. First and foremost it is a public beach and NOT a designated C/O area. It is not as well known (that's changing rapidly) and as easily accessible as the "main" beaches and therefore some folks feel comfortable going nude. Whether in your own country or visiting another you must respect the laws of the land. Unfortunately some of us in the naturalist community(not me)feel empowered to do as they please regardless of who may be offended or what the law is. Those folks have no right to complain when they are either called out or cited for their arrogant and illegal behavior.

--------------------
If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me

lcote
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: Hdrdr911]
      #1685357 - 02/21/16 10:23 AM (107.77.70.86)

Quote:

Hdrdr911 said:
Just a thought on the Happy Bay C/O debate. First and foremost it is a public beach and NOT a designated C/O area. It is not as well known (that's changing rapidly) and as easily accessible as the "main" beaches and therefore some folks feel comfortable going nude. Whether in your own country or visiting another you must respect the laws of the land. Unfortunately some of us in the naturalist community(not me)feel empowered to do as they please regardless of who may be offended or what the law is. Those folks have no right to complain when they are either called out or cited for their arrogant and illegal behavior.

Here here!

letsgosailing
Traveler

Loc: Other
Re: Happy Bay [Re: Hdrdr911]
      #1685382 - 02/21/16 02:57 PM (190.102.20.58)

Quote:

Hdrdr911 said:

Could not agree more.

jeepers
Traveler

Loc: Cobourg Ontario Canada
Re: Happy Bay [Re: tckj]
      #1685383 - 02/21/16 02:58 PM (45.78.182.150)

Happy bay isn't c/o.

tckj
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: jeepers]
      #1685389 - 02/21/16 04:31 PM (90.31.95.200)

LOL - sorry to have started all that.

The report from Happy Bay today (Sunday) is that the beach was quite full of people. Surf was high. The left end (from the sea) of the beach was mostly nude (maybe 1/3 of the beach) and the rest was clothed.

I did see a bunch of fully clothed (well, swim suits) folks plop themselves down next to the nude folks and no one seemed to have a worry any way around.

My own opinion (and that's all it is) is that the locals don't really care that much one way or the other. I suspect most are more interested in making a living and having a life than they are worried about whether a few tourists (and French locals) have their clothes on or off.

And it doesn't really seem to be a 'law' issue either. If it were, wouldn't the Gendarmes or local SXM law enforcement be out ticketing and citing the law breakers? I don't know, it really seems to be a tempest in a tea-cup.

Anyway, Happy was happy today. Sadly (as a slight juxtaposition) there was one lurker/sketchy looking guy out there today, but he seemed pretty harmless. Just kind of creepy.

Lunch at Gutside was wonderful!

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
      #1685392 - 02/21/16 04:41 PM (75.172.66.196)

"And it doesn't really seem to be a 'law' issue either. If it were, wouldn't the Gendarmes or local SXM law enforcement be out ticketing and citing the law breakers?"

No different in our police not issuing citations for non compliance to the seat belt or texting rules we have at home. The police have far more pressing issues to deal with.
Just because they aren't doesn't make it acceptable or legal.

Jaybird
Traveler

Loc: East Texas
Re: Happy Bay [Re: SXMScubaman]
      #1685393 - 02/21/16 04:44 PM (47.219.19.53)

I am more interested to hear about lunch at Gutside. Is he open most days now?

tckj
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: Jaybird]
      #1685395 - 02/21/16 04:59 PM (90.31.95.200)

LOL - Gutside: Richard confirmed that he 'retired' a while back and now Gutside is open every day except Monday, for both lunch and dinner. We arrived around 3 and had a nice chat with Richard and Lourdes. My wife had chicken and I had the ribs. Both came with a slaw like salad, rice and beans and plantains --- all of it was was tasty and hearty, we have no plans for dinner tonight as a result. It was really, really good.

We'll be happy at Happy tomorrow, I'll send a report.

Oh and had dinner last night at ti Bouchon in Cul du Sac area. The owner (Momo) was delightful and dinner was 1st rate - not cheap, but worth every penny. Wow - really good.

tckj
Traveler

#1685510 - 02/22/16 04:57 PM (90.31.103.174)

The news from Happy is still happy. The beach was beautiful today and while the surf was occasionally BIG, it was swimable and the water perfect.

Danny was there and my wife and I split a huge plate of ribs and chicken, had a beer and a punch drink all for $18 --- and we didn't have to do the dishes!

The beach was again about 1/3, 2/3 - C/O textile mix. No problems, no tickets and no Gendarmes. I love that place.

Paradise indeed.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
2 registered and 165 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 13740

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline