Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
boucharda
Traveler

Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Happy Bay [Re: tckj]
      #1685517 - 02/22/16 05:41 PM (24.60.205.149)

Perfect example why we go there....

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
NakedAsAJaybird
Traveler

Re: Happy Bay [Re: tckj]
      #1685519 - 02/22/16 06:18 PM (192.96.136.138)

I know the law is the law.....but, the reason nudity became an issue on the French beaches in the first place was because of the Disney cruise. They complained and the French Govt decided to clamp down and enforce the "law". Now, if the nudists were the people responsible for the crime on the Island, I might think this was a good law. Since that is not the case, I will continue to be nude occasionally on Happy Bay and I will continue to respect others around me if they have a problem with it. Topless sunbathing has never been against the law on any French Beach.

pat
Traveler

Loc: Brookfield, CT.
Re: Happy Bay [Re: NakedAsAJaybird]
      #1685527 - 02/22/16 08:16 PM (75.133.113.202)

Quote:

NakedAsAJaybird said:
I know the law is the law.....but, the reason nudity became an issue on the French beaches in the first place was because of the Disney cruise. They complained and the French Govt decided to clamp down and enforce the "law". Now, if the nudists were the people responsible for the crime on the Island, I might think this was a good law. Since that is not the case, I will continue to be nude occasionally on Happy Bay and I will continue to respect others around me if they have a problem with it. Topless sunbathing has never been against the law on any French Beach.

I couldn't disagree more with your premis and believe that is more urban legend than anything else. You have a whole world of islanders, both French and Dutch, who just don't agree that people should be allowed to practice their naturist whims wherever and whenever. The complaints from the Disney people were just one more stake in the body of the practice. Orient Beach and Cupecoy, by tradition, have been accepted and tolerated for all the years we've been visiting but the other areas not so much and residents themselves became irritated with the assumption of so many that 'if it feels good.......' In honesty, I've always thought discretion was the better part of valor in this particular situation and personally speaking, I could care less, but many islanders both can and do.

--------------------
Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."

Todd
Traveler

Loc: Vancouver, WA
Re: Happy Bay [Re: pat]
      #1685532 - 02/22/16 09:24 PM (73.37.100.34)

Respect

Hdrdr911
Traveler

Loc: New Hampshire
      #1685556 - 02/23/16 08:04 AM (50.163.26.184)

Quote:

NakedAsAJaybird said:

This is exactly the the type of rationalisation I was talking about. Simply because you are not challenged or cited for your presumptuous behavior (yet) doesn't mean you are not out of line, you are.You give the rest of us a bad name and give the impression of indifference to others. This makes it difficult to maintain the places that do accept naturalism. Just look at the reduction of C/O areas on Orient.

--------------------
If the phone doesn't ring .... it's me

lcote
Traveler

#1685566 - 02/23/16 08:41 AM (71.9.158.242)

Quote:

NakedAsAJaybird said:

So, if someone comes up to you on Happy Bay and asks you to put something on, you would? Somehow, I doubt that.

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Happy Bay [Re: lcote]
      #1685569 - 02/23/16 09:29 AM (71.101.35.226)

OK, this thread is going nowhere fast and is done.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
7 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 13740

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline