Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)
Bill_S
Traveler

Loc: Southern Maryland suburbs of D...
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: irish1223]
      #1696935 - 05/17/16 05:04 AM (69.138.217.199)

Here is another vote for Club Orient. Just find a pair of chairs that don't have colored "wrist bracelets" fastened to the framework and set up shop. The beach boy will be around eventually to collect the $20 and fasten a pair of wrist bracelets to one of the chairs. Those chairs are now yours for the rest of the day. You can also go to the watersports hut at the far end of the beach and buy a book of coupons which you can use for a week, giving the beach boy one coupon per day when he comes around.

You will find that nudists are a friendly and accepting group and also will keep an eye on each other's property if asked... Club O also has good security, some of it obvious and some of it "under cover" ... Pardon the pun!

Happy hour at the Perch is very popular. When you order your drinks you will pay the normal price but you will each be given two drinks in stead of the normal one.

Enjoy!

--------------------
Bill

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
timmycs
Traveler

Loc: Long Island, NY
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: loislynn]
      #1696942 - 05/17/16 07:39 AM (67.87.89.200)

Although my wife and I are not nudists we find the club orient section of the beach the best. All the other sections are very congested, loud music and peddlers selling things. The water is much calmer at club orient and there is good snorkeling swim platforms and two very good reasonably priced bars for drinks and food . We usually set up towards the rear of the beach where we are out of visibility since we are just getting used to shedding our clothes, but our first trip we kept the suits on and it was not a problem as there is a mix of textiles and nudes. We also like that you can walk from the beach through the resort to the boutique and order an ice cream or a bakery item and coffee. You could also have a short walk to the spa and we occasionally treat ourselves to a skin treatment or massage. You can also rent a kayak and go to their offshore island which is a lot of fun. There are so many things to do at the club Orient section of the beach

Carol_HillAdministrator
Administrator

Loc: Central Florida!
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: SXMScubaman]
      #1696949 - 05/17/16 08:23 AM (68.247.201.168)

I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, based on the rent at the new places. I guess Orange Fever is serving food by now? What's happening with the other places? Have they signed leases yet?

fabila
Traveler

Loc: Westchester County
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: loislynn]
      #1696958 - 05/17/16 09:40 AM (155.72.28.11)

We enjoy Waikiki. While the dollar to euro exchange isn't always in our favor we prefer the comfortable chairs spread apart, good service and bathroom facilities. The variety of cuisine offered from simple to full blown meals is welcomed.

Over the years we've come to know the staff although they seem to change every few years but then we make new acquaintance and friends.

With Cheryl no longer in business aside for a walk along the beach we probably will continue to stay at Waikiki when on Orient. However, we have eaten several times at La Playa and enjoy there food. Their chairs have not always had cushions so they were uncomfortable but if they've added cushions there's another option for us.

Palm also has good facilities and services but we were unimpressed with the food the last couple of times we ate there.

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: Carol_Hill]
      #1697034 - 05/17/16 05:37 PM (201.220.7.58)

Yes. They are trying to make some money back which is understandable but not for me. We like to have room to spread out. Didn't see anybody eating and it was a normal lunch time. Still a few vacant places with work going on.

GaKaye
Traveler

Loc: Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: fabila]
      #1697047 - 05/17/16 06:08 PM (70.193.62.226)

Quote:

fabila said:

Palm also has good facilities and services but we were unimpressed with the food the last couple of times we ate there.

I had also been disappointed with the food at Palm Beach but went there in December with friends who came off a cruise ship, and the food was excellent. You may want to give it another try.

gtaylor
Traveler

Loc: Sacramento, CA, USA
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: SXMScubaman]
      #1697083 - 05/18/16 12:59 AM (108.197.137.247)

Quote:

SXMScubaman said:
Yes. They are trying to make some money back which is understandable but not for me. We like to have room to spread out. Didn't see anybody eating and it was a normal lunch time. Still a few vacant places with work going on.

Not sure which spot you're referring to?????

gary

--------------------
Look up and wave! :)

SXMScubaman
Traveler

Loc: Auburn, WA
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: gtaylor]
      #1697092 - 05/18/16 06:58 AM (201.220.7.58)

The new rebuilt spots.

fabila
Traveler

Loc: Westchester County
Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: GaKaye]
      #1697131 - 05/18/16 10:46 AM (155.72.28.11)

Georgia, we will probably give it another try. It's a nice beach area and their amenities are top notch.

Billandfrancine
Traveler

Re: Orient Beach - where to sit/eat/drink? [Re: irish1223]
      #1697141 - 05/18/16 11:46 AM (208.54.85.190)

We stay at Club Orient and like to eat at Papgayo , Kon Tiki and Kakao

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | >> (show all)

Extra information
5 registered and 67 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 14775

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline