Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> British Virgin Islands

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
CaptJack7
Traveler

Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: BrentCummings]
      #1677160 - 12/31/15 01:57 PM (99.247.115.122)

BrentCummings - thanks for the info and the tip about the light in the cockpit. If you have any other suggestions, please let me know.

Thank you to everyone for the help.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
beerMe
Traveler

Loc: Memphis, TN
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: CaptJack7]
      #1677230 - 01/01/16 03:46 AM (99.1.42.234)

We've taken to bringing some white strings of Christmas lights and an extension cord (we always bring an inverter) as many of the mono's come with a dim 12 volt bulb (usually in a wicker cover) and that just doesn't cut it for playing cards or grilling. We got the idea from a boat that had those tube lights all around the bimini, it was great. After everyone goes to sleep I turn out all the lights because I like to sit in the dark and star gaze but sometimes light is nice.

--------------------
Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!

ben_gale
Traveler

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: beerMe]
      #1679271 - 01/13/16 12:59 PM (216.31.219.19)

We chartered Island Fun from Brent in July 2014, and have nothing but good things to say. Yes he can be a bit quirky (no offense meant Brent!), but he's a straight-up guy - says what he's going to do and then does exactly what he said he'd do. His rules are clear and make sense, and you can't beat the value. We enjoyed the boat and had *zero* problems. As for White Bay, I recommend the walk over from Great Harbour - good to get the legs moving, and the views are spectacular.

44Fleetwood

Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: ben_gale]
      #1680062 - 01/17/16 11:01 PM (24.147.126.7)

Just back from 10 days on Island Fun and while the boat is not perfect (what boat ever is?) it was an excellent value, was clean and tidy upon arrival and sailed exceptionally well. Brent was quick to repair a couple of things we spotted on our walk around. After we got underway we had a water leak which we traced to a hot water tank fitting. We reported it to Brent when we reached Sopers Hole and he had a mechanic do a repair to stop the leak the next AM. At the end of our charter he had his mechanic do a proper repair so he's right on things to make them right. We liked his no nonsense, straight forward approach...after all he's the middle man and has to keep both owners and charterers happy! We'd charter with Brent again.

SailingDoctor
Traveler

Loc: Belmont Shore, CA
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: 44Fleetwood]
      #1703390 - 07/22/16 07:25 PM (161.249.178.1)

I was aboard Afloat, the 38' Admiral catamaran for 3 weeks in June & July 2016.
We had chartered Imiloa, the 44' Voyage catamaran last year, and I was a little concerned about the smaller 38' until I got aboard. Surprisingly roomy.
There were 2 adults, 5 teenagers, and 1 child. All were comfortable, and want to sail Afloat again next year, so I already booked her.
I love the professional service from Brent. We needed the toilet fixed, and "Boots," mechanic had us going quickly.

SailingDoctor
Traveler

Loc: Belmont Shore, CA
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: SailingDoctor]
      #1727111 - 03/18/17 06:30 PM (97.94.165.29)

Anticipating another great charter in the BVI aboard "Afloat," the 38' Admiral Catamaran in June 2017. I have been chartering yachts from Brent Fennell since 1999, and appreciate his serious attitude about great service. At his reasonable prices, I can afford a longer trip and get my family a great value. Thanks Brent!

Dr John Lloyd
Seal Beach

DaveF
Traveler

Loc: Orlando, Florida
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: SailingDoctor]
      #1727137 - 03/19/17 07:28 AM (72.238.201.106)

I am glad to see this post. We are chartering from Cap't Compass this summer, via a recommendation from Travel Talk.

Had used Pro Valor many times. I like the so called 2nd tier companies. I think there is a lot of value and the friendship with the owners gained over several visits brings a lot more to the charter then I think the bigger 1st tier groups. This is just my little ol' opinion.

Also not too worried about boat issues. Most issues happen in the first or second day. I have had them when chartering other places on 1st tier boats. It just comes with the territory sometime.

I am really looking forward to our summer's cruise with Cap't Brent, a nice long 11 days on the boat, can't beat that.

--------------------
Dave

Twalsh
Traveler

Loc: Midlothian, VA
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: DaveF]
      #1727205 - 03/19/17 09:49 PM (73.147.74.204)

I would agree that Captain's Compass brings value and personal attention to each yacht and customer that may not be found elsewhere. We chartered last April on Imiloa, a Voyage 44, and had a wonderful week. 2 thumbs up for Brent's operation. We look forward to our next trip with CC.

Shauneen
Traveler

Loc: Central Mass
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: Twalsh]
      #1727296 - 03/20/17 09:26 PM (24.63.61.89)

Hi TWalsh- this is our 3rd trip with Captain's Compass. Yes we have had issues but they were handled quickly with little impact on our trips (similar issues with other companies). Our first 2 trips were on Island Fun.
This is our first on Imola(IF wasn't available). Would you have any concerns taking her out again? If so what would they be? 35 Days til wheels up! Thanks, Shauneen

NCSailor
Traveler

Loc: Charlotte, NC
Re: The Captain's Compass Bareboat Charters [Re: Shauneen]
      #1727316 - 03/21/17 07:24 AM (108.77.185.108)

Does Captain's Compass still redline Anegada?

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 50 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 17366

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL