Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Trip Reports (Read Only) >> SXM Trip Reports and Photos

Pages: 1
pat
Traveler

Loc: Brookfield, CT.
Weather? It is what it is.......
      #1737357 - 05/01/17 03:58 PM (168.0.84.219)

First off - let me state - I am NOT complaining!

But.........Not exactly sure what has been happening to our weather this trip. I mean, it's not been terrible and not even remotely close to that but, IMHO, it sure hasn't been typical either.

We arrived in a rain squall on 4/15 and thought it was about as bad as it could get, and then on Sunday (4/16) it was even worse. We haven't experienced a rain-out day but we have seen lots of daily rain showers here and there. And Saturday night (the 29 th) the rain woke me from a sound sleep here at BSV, but at least here, unlike the night it happened at the Towers, we didn't have to run around and close up all the doors and windows since that was automatically done at bed time.

And thank goodness, unlike what happened to the people who occupied this unit before us, our roof did NOT leak in the night so it appears the repairs were handled expeditiously, just as one would expect from the owners of this property.

And on top of the rain we've had a lot of grayish days as opposed to sunny and bright ones, but in the long run, that's not a bad thing either since we've had some of those sunny days where it was just too darned hot to even go to the beach in past trips.

And maybe, when push comes to shove, things are really no different from our norm and it's all in the perspectives from which we're seeing it.

But I do know, Saba has been mostly lost in cloud cover almost the entire duration of our trip so far.

But this afternoon? It is gorgeous!!

--------------------
Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 47

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline