Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> British Virgin Islands

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)
SusanC
Traveler

Loc: Franklin, TN
Re: Upcoming Charters [Re: Laserking]
      #1745802 - 09/13/17 05:45 PM (74.181.102.126)

Quote:

Laserking said:
There is a thread on this forum regarding volunteering. Here is the link to the website. https://www.bvivolunteers.com

In theory this is wonderful to see, however I thought the BVI had laws against any non-belongers volunteering services. Guess this goes back to a need to temporarily suspend the work permit requirements.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
bvilovercgb
Traveler

Loc: ONTARIO
Re: Upcoming Charters [Re: SusanC]
      #1745849 - 09/13/17 08:43 PM (70.54.1.189)

Seeing the total devastation of these islands is one thing to see photos, to be there is quite another. Who is going to get these boats ready in the next few weeks? Where are they going to be put? There is need of docks, to even put the few working boats in the water. All foreign nationals are leaving as they have no place to live...So, who is going to help the vacationers in November and December? And from what I understand, there is just no way that power will be restored to some of these villages in the next year! So even though one wishes to volunteer, one must still get permission from the powers that be, and that my friends will not be done in the next few months. How will the government get their monies from volunteers...I don't see it.

StormJib
Traveler

Re: Upcoming Charters [Re: bvilovercgb]
      #1745851 - 09/13/17 09:07 PM (71.224.66.174)

Disaster declarations are exactly for drastic changes in the rules. Branson has suggested a much bigger leap to a "Marshall Plan" a history and theory that could take ten or more Glenn's to pen and publish.

Today anything that looks like water, perishable food, or basic building materials should not be slowed or taxed by the BVI. Let the whole Home Depot in for 180 days.

Volunteers unless you have really done this before. Do not even think about doing this with an organization who is not a pro at this. You wil waste your time, money, and most importantly the limited space and resources for real work. Work that will go on for years and long after CNN forgets. Go with the pros or help them pack at home if you must volenteer. At home we have networks of churches that are fantastic at 7 days disaster feeding staffing. We have others that are even better at 7 day housing trips where you can add real value at least five days. Cowboy I will travel and wing it? What a disruptive waste. Find a group that has done it before and sign up for the rules. When your number and day is called accept you will have zero say where you are needed and where you will deploy with your team. Any promises to to the contrary watch that Goldie Hawn military movie.

Lenair
Traveler

Loc: Virginia, USA
Re: Upcoming Charters [Re: StormJib]
      #1746069 - 09/14/17 03:39 PM (40.129.72.106)

Moorings/FootLoose is letting us chose between a re-book or a refund.

--------------------
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

SusanC
Traveler

Loc: Franklin, TN
Re: Upcoming Charters [Re: Lenair]
      #1746090 - 09/14/17 04:46 PM (74.181.102.126)

Quote:

Lenair said:
Moorings/FootLoose is letting us chose between a re-book or a refund.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | (show all)

Extra information
3 registered and 51 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 10332

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL