Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> St. Maarten - St. Martin

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)
chs225
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: pat]
      #1746572 - 09/17/17 12:26 PM (71.225.29.171)

I called for the first time yesterday. AA allowed me to change my flight to Cabo, waived all fees and gave me a one year voucher for the $50 difference in cost. My flight was scheduled for December 9. Very professional, very helpful, no complaints

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
thesimpsons
Traveler

Loc: Northern California
Re: American Airlines [Re: molldoll]
      #1746585 - 09/17/17 01:28 PM (71.134.229.206)

Our flights are in February and my wife called yesterday to change our destination from SXM to another island and the first person she spoke with stated there would be a $200 change fee per ticket. My wife asked to speak with a supervisor and was connected to a very friendly, helpful and knowledgeable person. The supervisor waived the $200 change fee.

--------------------
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

medskis
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: thesimpsons]
      #1746627 - 09/17/17 05:37 PM (73.81.121.35)

Called on Saturday. We had purchased tickets ($660 pp) for Oct 28 from PHL. I wanted to change one ticket to Cancun in October (meet friends) while husband just wanted to cancel. Initially agent asked for $200 each to do either action. I mentioned this forum saying many were having this fee waived and agent said HOLD while I connect with HELP DESK (first she asked me what dates and flights I wanted for Cancun) after several minutes she returned saying I was now ticketed and was getting a $114 voucher fare difference credit to use within one year (next September). I asked "what about the cancellation for my husband" and after another HOLD while agent went to Help Desk, I was told ticket canceled and another "ticket" (?dummy) had been issued for use by May 10 which was a year from date of issue for original ticket. She said when making a new booking, make it online with 24 hour hold then CALL them with the "new ticket" number to apply the fare credit. I asked how could I extend that date beyond May and she said I could make a request online via their customer service email.

mcpandt
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: GaKaye]
      #1746690 - 09/18/17 07:58 AM (173.170.37.33)

Quote:

GaKaye said:
For those who have had problems getting AA to refund: the reservationists do not have the authority to refund. Go online, scroll down to Contact us, and then to Compliments and Complaints. Fill out the form, explaining the situation and requesting a refund (or whatever it is you want). Our flights were for November 25 thru December 9. I explained that our unit would not be available for us, and I asked for either a full refund or a credit to be used at any time in 2018, with no change fees. I received notice today that my purchase price will be refunded in full.

Thanks for the advice GaKaye. We booked in July, one way with points and one way we purchased tickets. Called last night to cancel and requested full refund and points to be returned. Was advised that per company policy they could not provide a refund, only a voucher for travel by July of next year, and that to return points there would be a $150 fee on first ticket and $25 on second. After requesting a supervisor they informed be that I could contact customer service. I submitted a complaint last night. Wish I had read your post before I made the call, would have saved some aggravation....

The_Lurker
Traveler

Loc: Connecticut
Re: American Airlines [Re: mcpandt]
      #1746700 - 09/18/17 10:15 AM (24.44.41.166)

I have posted this previously, both here and on other sites, but I want to bring it to the top so people might read it again.
It should help......
Go to AA's website and Customer Service/Customer relations and under complaint write a message to them. It seems to be working!!

medskis
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: The_Lurker]
      #1746733 - 09/18/17 12:49 PM (71.230.121.23)

? Re AA vouchers.......
As per my post just a bit above this....I called on Saturday morning to make my changes. I am expecting two vouchers.....one for my changed flight fare difference, and one for full amount of husbands cancelled ticket (although I am confused about his because they said to use the ticket number which is same as the old one, and call in when you have another reservation on hold)
I was expecting an EMAIL from them with at least MY voucher credit on it but 48 hours later I have received no such email. I logged inti each account and can see nothing there. Evidently you need a voucher and piin number which they say are provided via email.
Has anyone else gotten their voucher emails......what is usual lag time? I sure dont want that ball dropped because we have almot $800 riding on them.

JimandBeth
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: medskis]
      #1746737 - 09/18/17 01:30 PM (72.224.41.249)

They told me to just call with the ticket numbers when I want to rebook. They never said they would send a voucher.

medskis
Traveler

Re: American Airlines [Re: JimandBeth]
      #1746739 - 09/18/17 01:54 PM (71.230.121.23)

I think JimandBeth are right re calling AA with a TICKET number to apply credit...at least for a CANCELLED flight/refund credit. My notes re MY CHANGED destination (same record locator as for SXM) flight fare difference credit definitely said I would get a VOUCHER for 114.28 fare difference good for one full year. In their FAQs etc AA says vouchers sent by email, and you have to enter the voucher number and the piin number, provided in the email, to check a blance etc,
Would really like to know if anyone else expected a Voucher....and how quickly that was sent out (via email?) thank you

Bob_Dot
Traveler

Loc: North Kingstown, Rhode Island
Re: American Airlines [Re: The_Lurker]
      #1746764 - 09/18/17 06:37 PM (72.192.9.241)

It is not working for us. We booked our 11/24 tickets on 1/21/17. If we change our flights and leave by 1/21/18 we avoid any transfer fee but there are personal complications that get involved so we can't go until later in the year. We have to pay a fee to bank the miles. Punished for booking early.
Need to edit this since I just got a call from AA that suggests I not cancel until I know when I want to go and rebook with no penalty but do this before we are scheduled to leave. Happy with that

Edited by Bob_Dot (09/18/17 09:30 PM)

JohnMel
Traveler

Loc: Colorado
Re: American Airlines [Re: GaKaye]
      #1746925 - 09/19/17 08:51 PM (24.43.220.100)

Quote:

GaKaye said:
For those who have had problems getting AA to refund: the reservationists do not have the authority to refund. Go online, scroll down to Contact us, and then to Compliments and Complaints. Fill out the form, explaining the situation and requesting a refund (or whatever it is you want). Our flights were for November 25 thru December 9. I explained that our unit would not be available for us, and I asked for either a full refund or a credit to be used at any time in 2018, with no change fees. I received notice today that my purchase price will be refunded in full.

Great advice, this worked for us as well! Our miles were returned, no redeposit fees, and taxes were refunded. Thanks, GaKaye!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | >> (show all)

Extra information
13 registered and 87 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 18616

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline