Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Trip Reports (Read Only) >> Trip Report and Photo Archives

Pages: 1
Floyd
Unregistered

Jamaica--Sunset Beach Report
      #32330 - 04/23/01 11:34 PM (216.207.153.101)

Just got back from Sunset Beach and wanted to post my thoughts. Overall I was happy with the resort. Good service, friendly staff. Pools and bars are fine. The beach is samll and rocky compared to those I have seen in Negril, but then again what other beaches compare to Negril? Entertainment was always fun and interesting (bands, dancers, crab races, beer drinking contests ect.). The only thing was not not really impressed with is the food. To me, it lacked in variety, but I am also a picky eater. One bit of advice.. bring some mugs with you when you go. They serve drinks in little 9 oz cups. That means way too many trips to the bar. We brought them an they were more than happy to fill them up for us with no problem mon. Many of the other guests were buying them in the gift shop but they were $15.00 each!!!! Thanks to everyone who shared their experiences with me over the past few month. Feel free to drop me a line with any other specific questions.

Almost forgot the rooms. We thought they were just fine. We stayed in the towers and had little to no complaint. It is a bit on the loud side (lack of insulated walls) but other than that they are fine. King size bed, nice sized TV, hairdryer ect. Basically the usual. Nice ballcony with patio chairs. Remember though, how much time will you really spend in the room!!!

Yeah the food was primarily buffett. However, there are 2 other choices, an Itallian and a Chinese place. I tried Itallian and liked it. Sunset is located about 7 miles (15 minutes from the airport) from Montego Bay. Downtown is actually between the two.

Edited by Administrator on 4/30/01 03:55 PM.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 220

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline