Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Trip Reports (Read Only) >> Trip Report and Photo Archives

Pages: 1
**DONOTDELETE**

Disney Magic - May 19-26
      #37399 - 05/29/01 12:35 AM (216.196.169.224)

Thanks to all who helped us plan for this cruise!

This will be a bit short because the real world (work) is calling . However, if anyone has any particular questions please drop me a line.

The cruise and everything associated with it was perfect and fantastic!!!

The weather gave us a few changes in plans but that's life.

We went snorkeling off Pinel Island - Wonderful! The threat of a thunderstorm cut the water time a bit short. Once out of the water the rain was nice - dropped the temperature and provided a nice fresh water rinse. Saw Orient and wished we were there.

We chose to take a submarine ride while ashore on St. Thomas. Atlantis Submarines took very good care of us - great way to see the sights 20 to 60+ feet below without getting wet. Lot's of fish, coral, relics, and more. Great program! We got the front seats and could look over the pilot's shoulder - I'll post some pics when I get them back.

Castaway Cay was great - sort of. The facilities and crew are top notch. We got to snorkel the whole bay before the weather turned bad there as well. Lot's of fish and things to see. The water was a bit cool compared to the more southern climes, but was nice once you get moving around. About 30 minutes after we finished our swim it started to rain and did not stop. We sought cover and enjoyed a nice BBQ lunch. After lunch the kids and I returned to the ship – we were getting a bit cold – yes, cold. It was still about 78 degrees but the rain was cool and the wind was blowing. The wife stayed on the beach! She said “the weather is not going to stop me from enjoying the Bahamas.” So the kids and I played bingo on board and she read her book under an umbrella – alone. She had the whole beach and almost the entire island to herself!!! Due to the bad weather our planned parasailing was cancelled .

Disney did everything right! I have no complaints at all. We WILL go again! We may even squeeze in a 3 or 4 day cruise this December!?!

Rumor straight from Captain Hans is that Disney will be offering Western Caribbean cruises in addition to the Eastern ones fairly soon. Maybe an every other week sort of rotation on the Magic.

The kid’s programs are great. The adult and kid’s entertainment was wonderful. Don’t miss the nightly pre/post meal shows! The nightlife was great too. However, getting up early and staying up late caused us to be quite tired upon our return home – had to recover from the “vacation.” The deck parties are fun, the navigator series was informative – I chose to take the bridge tour over the kitchen tour – it was very cool.

The food was wonderful. My kids are picky eaters and I was concerned they might not enjoy the regular menu items – They were bold and loved everything! Now they even like lobster and shrimp!! They do offer kid’s menus however. You will never go hungry – they have the regular meals, buffets, snack bars, bar food, room service, fruit bars, desert bars, ice cream, and more going on all the time - I think I gained 10 pounds .

The ESPN sports bar was a great place to grab a quick bite (bar snacks served there or you can bring a burger or chicken fingers up there with you) and catch up on sports scores and such – it was never crowded.

The adult pool was nice – the family and kiddie pools were crowded from mid morning to late afternoon. They cleared out though around 5 pm.

The ride going down there was a bit choppy . We were going into the wind and the 8 to 12 foot swells did not help. Hanging around on the top two decks was not real comfortable during that time. However, the return ride north was with the wind and seas were calmer - all the outside decks were wonderful - slight breeze and very smooth ride - spent some time napping on the lounge chairs outside on deck 4 .

The bottomless soft drinks were nice – we were a bit late boarding and did not have time to buy and bring aboard any beverages. I think the mugs were about $30 each – probably came close to breaking even on them.

This is not as short as I thought it was going to be, and I could go on and on… We will cruise again . We will go with Disney again. We will return to the islands via air – need much more time there.

Overall I’d give the Disney Magic, her cast and crew, the island excursions, Delta Air Lines, the bus transportation from MCO to the port and back, and everything else associated with our cruise a solid 5 stars. All of us had a wonderful time.

Mongo

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 0 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 183

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline