Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)
BlondieNC
Traveler

Loc: NC
Re: NC beaches [Re: Anonymous]
      #780234 - 01/24/08 02:13 PM (71.76.202.95)

It actually is legal for ladies to go topless at Topsail Beach, south of Surf City, on Topsail Island.

Debbie from NC

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
The Greenhorn
Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: BlondieNC]
      #780891 - 01/25/08 05:38 PM (75.104.128.37)

Quote:

BlondieNC said:
It actually is legal for ladies to go topless at Topsail Beach, south of Surf City, on Topsail Island.

Debbie from NC

Legal.... Yes, Popular... No.
Have been there many times and have never observed any top freedom. Maybe it is reserved for just certin areas? Don't know.

Wife likes to be descrete and fit in with the croud, plus, I don't like to be left out!!

The Greenhorn

TheGreenhorn

Loc: West Virginia
Re: NC beaches [Re: The Greenhorn]
      #781485 - 01/26/08 08:33 PM (75.104.128.39)

Quote:

Anonymous said:
Quote:

BlondieNC said:

Debbie from NC

Legal.... Yes, Popular... No.
Have been there many times and have never observed any top freedom. Maybe it is reserved for just certin areas? Don't know.

Wife likes to be descrete and fit in with the croud, plus, I don't like to be left out!!

The Greenhorn

Anybody else have any remote spots you could reccomend in this area?

Thanks,
The Greenhorn

judyinnc
Traveler

Loc: NC
Re: NC beaches [Re: SunnNC]
      #781909 - 01/27/08 06:42 PM (68.221.255.50)

Coventry is not open any longer. Most of those people have moved to Whispering Pines.

RichnSandyNC
Traveler

Loc: Topsail Island, NC
Re: NC beaches [Re: TheGreenhorn]
      #807784 - 03/15/08 01:54 PM (76.3.192.169)

We live on Topsail Island. Sadly, I cannot say that there are any places on the island isolated enough where you could safely go nude. Some friends will visit Lea Island (accessible only by boat) and it may be possible, particularly during the week, to be nude there without danger.

Rich and Sandy

tomralnc
Traveler

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Re: NC beaches [Re: RichnSandyNC]
      #808888 - 03/17/08 11:42 AM (149.168.241.4)

Are there any reasonable transportation options to Lea for those of us that don't have a boat?

Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: woodycooper]
      #829060 - 04/19/08 09:03 PM (67.212.60.59)

Here's the most recent info on Bird Island. Within the past couple years the island was sold to the state of NC. While Sunset Beach has local ordinances against topless, thongs, & nudity, Bird Island is governed by state law. Thus it's legal to sunbathe topless & in thongs on Bird Island. However, it is illegal to be totally nude there.

Even though the area isn't enforced by state patrol, there are the rather rude folks from the Bird Island Preservation Society taking turns patrolling. I had one old-timer from the Society start yelling at me that it's not a nude beach then I turned over and showed him I was wearing a thong and he just said "OK, you're covered up". While the B.I.P.S. has no legal authority they are a pain in the butt. I don't mind them informing those who are nude that such an activity is illegal, but when they start harassing women who are topless and/or in thongs then next time I won't be so courteous back to them.

Eric36
Traveler

Loc: Mooresville, North Carolina
Re: NC beaches [Re: RichnSandyNC]
      #838018 - 05/08/08 08:23 AM (98.17.66.176)

Richandsandy, we will be in your area this weekend for my sons soccer tournament. Looking for some good kid friendly dining. Any suggestions????? Thanks, Eric

--------------------
Our St.Martin pics
http://groups.msn.com/sxmphotos/ericampkimsjunetrip.msnw?albumlist=2

Jsun
Unregistered

Re: NC beaches [Re: Eric36]
      #851776 - 06/03/08 11:17 AM (69.134.5.226)

It used to be that the naturists stayed up by the dunes and the families walked by the water. Severe beach erosion took away the buffering distance, and I could see that it was only a matter of time before there was a confrontation. Is it possible to sunbathe discreetly, between or up in the dunes? Can I carry a towel to the water's edge, drop it for a dip, and re-cover as I come out? Maybe I should borrow a canoe and paddle over to Masonboro Island? Wish I had a motorboat!

TheGreenhorn

Loc: West Virginia
Re: NC beaches [Re: Jsun]
      #873443 - 07/26/08 05:00 PM (75.106.164.110)

We had a pleasant surprise on Topsail this past week. My wife and I walked out to the southern tip of the island at the inlet and happened upon another couple with the female half going topless. There were a couple fishermen in the distance, but my wife immediatly removed her top.
We moved closer to them, but respected the other couples privacy and kept our distance and enjoyed the morning, her topless and me in my speedo.

The next morning we went to the same location, but were alone except for the distant fishermen, so again she went topless and I in my speedo. It wasn't long before another couple came past and set up their towel and gear not too far from us. My wife was a little irritated since there was plenty of beach to spread out on, and they set up just down from us. I reminded her, "Isn't that what we did yesterday???" And sure enough, within minutes the female of the couple removed her top. We both enjoyed a laugh, shared a glance and a wave with the other couple and continued to soak up the sun, sand and waves of the beautiful Carolina coast.

The Greenhorn

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 8 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You can reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 67064

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline