Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)
o2bnsxm
Traveler

Loc: Louisiana
Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened?
      #1247222 - 01/13/11 11:07 PM (65.13.175.190)

I heard that Sunburst Resort in Milton, Florida is no longer a nude resort. They have supposedly turned into a textile campground effective Jan 1. Does anyone have any info. Their website still shows them as a nude resort, but does not appear to have been updated recently.

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
RichardKenner
Traveler

Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: o2bnsxm]
      #1247263 - 01/14/11 07:02 AM (173.12.126.234)

I just looked at their website and it says it's textile as of January 1. Perhaps you were looking at some site that just mentioned it. But had they actually opened as any kind of resort? It was my understanding that this was very much in the "trying to sell lots" phase. If so, it seems that they weren't able to get enough interest from naturists (not a surprise given the current market for naturist real estate), so now they're trying to recoup their investment by selling to anybody. I don't think they'd have been able to make the change had there been a large number of sales.

o2bnsxm
Traveler

Loc: Louisiana
Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: RichardKenner]
      #1247628 - 01/14/11 09:42 PM (65.13.175.190)

Thanks Richard. When I looked at the website last week, it didn't have the info that is there now. It seems that Riviera Resort (Sunburst's sister resort) is still operating as usual, but doesn't have any rental units so you have to bring a camper, or just make it a day visit. Do you know of the next closest resort to Pensacola (either East or West) ?

RichardKenner
Traveler

#1247677 - 01/15/11 07:01 AM (173.12.126.234)

The AANR website is always the best reference for that sort of thing. It shows that Hidden River Resort (which I never heard of before just now) appears to be the second closest.

Unregistered

#1249362 - 01/18/11 09:04 PM (98.170.227.170)

This place was paradise at one time. A place where you could bring your family, friends and have a great relaxing time in the nudist lifestyle with good people. The owner of the park, John, led people into a false sense of security by making claims that the place would NEVER become textile. He went so far to make statements that the place was in a trust so when he passed away, sunburst would still be there as a nudist resort. Many people gave up their homes to actually live there. Myself and my wife had plans of retiring and living there ourselves. John lied to everyone, screwed alot of people over with his promises just to get membership increases. That place will NEVER see me or my family patronize it again.

RichardKenner
Traveler

Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1249522 - 01/19/11 09:10 AM (173.12.126.234)

Can you say something about the size and history of the place. Neither I nor anybody I know ever heard of it. Was it an AANR club? If not, why not?

Emily
Traveler

Loc: FL
Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: Anonymous]
      #1251482 - 01/23/11 05:04 PM (68.59.82.94)

We, too, were very disappointed about the closing of Sunburst. While we never lived close enough to visit very often, we went several times a year and thoroughly enjoyed it. The members (and employees) were always warm and welcoming and we will miss getting to see them. As short-term renters (weekends in a park model or trailer), we never experienced a single negative. The whole place was clean and well-kept and the grounds & pools were lovely. We were looking forward to spending more time there in the next few years and were hopeful that it would be sold to someone who would continue to run it as a naturist park. I can certainly understand the devastation that the members, folks who rented space full-time and those who planned to retire there must feel.
Emily

maxfive

Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: Emily]
      #1254964 - 01/30/11 11:46 PM (99.55.76.169)

That is exactly what happened with LaPines in Louisiana. The owner, after making promises to the membership, completely reneged and following his death, it was closed. We now have to travel to the Pensacola area to find a club. With Sunburst now gone, our friends without campers do not have a nudist camp they can attend. Lets all hope Riviera can hang in there.

sunnierpines

Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: maxfive]
      #1340720 - 10/04/11 08:03 AM (166.147.120.31)

There is a new club / camp in NW Florida, Sunnierpines is the name and has a web site with the same name, sunnierpines.com. We are open 7 days a week and we expect riviera to go textile in the near future. Come see us.

Unregistered

Re: Sunburst resort in Florida- What happened? [Re: sunnierpines]
      #1414178 - 05/19/12 12:31 AM (173.17.197.37)

Web site for Sunnier Pines is

www.sunnierpines.net

Phone # 850-602-1043

Pages: 1 | 2 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You can reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 12746

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline