Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> British Virgin Islands

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)
Tackmaster
Traveler

Loc: St. Louis
Boat owners at VGYH....news?
      #1749728 - 10/19/17 08:15 AM (96.40.221.193)

Do any of the TTOL members have a boat at the VGYH? My boat is on the hard there and we have not heard ONE WORD from anyone associated with the VGYH. I have only seen pics posted here and a few on line to assess any damage we have incurred.
We know things are devastated and everyone is working hard to recover...we want to come down and help out with that process but want to coordinate the travel so that we can take care of any boat issues as well...but we need to know a timeline from the VGYH personnel....I see Nanny Cay has kept their clients informed from almost day one....we have heard nothing...if anyone here knows the VG folks, please tap them on the shoulder or loan them a PC so that they can inform all the boat owners of their timeline and intentions....just frustrated to say the least...Hang in there BVI, we will return...BVISTRONG

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Bones
Traveler

Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: Tackmaster]
      #1749738 - 10/19/17 10:19 AM (173.161.248.86)

There are two, maybe three facebook posts from their page. Not much information but they did post a new email and phone number. They are in temporary spaces. Certainly not the kind of information Nanny Cay has provided from day one. Saw picture of our boat from one of the aerials. Got word from the insurance co that the surveyor was in VG. Called Geoff from Workbench and asked him to check on her. He said a lot of boats filling with water from rain and being on their sides. Has pumped out many of them. Saw Beans boat also which looked very sad with both mast broken.

--------------------
Founder and Chair:
Association of Amateur and Recreational Pirates
(AARrrrrrrrrrrrP)

rita_irvine
Traveler

Loc: Here and There
      #1749750 - 10/19/17 01:41 PM (67.183.88.143)

Unfortunately the VGYH management have been illusive. They have not been kind to any of the tenants before or after the hurricane. They chased Bucks out this year as well as Rendezvous/Bath and Turtle in April. The manager then turned Rendezvous over to his wife to re-open. The reputation on island is not good. I know this is not what you want to hear but I'm getting information from locals. BVI Investment Club is involved, go ask them!! http://www.bviinvestmentclub.com/index.php

--------------------
Rita
It is better to be happy than it is to be right
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

gordaguy2
Sponsor

Loc: Adagio Villa, Mahoe Bay,Virgin...
Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: rita_irvine]
      #1749796 - 10/20/17 09:22 AM (174.112.86.166)

very transparent - NOT

--------------------
GordaGuy2
www.adagiovilla.com or www.facebook.com/adagiovilla

Elmtone1
Traveler

Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: gordaguy2]
      #1749920 - 10/21/17 07:52 PM (162.212.14.113)

I believe that are now lifting boats.
Surveyors have been up there a lot so your insurance co may have info..the vast majority have been displaced from their stands and fallen

Tackmaster
Traveler

Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: Elmtone1]
      #1749944 - 10/22/17 09:55 AM (96.40.221.193)

Heard from another blog, that it's being reported (I can't confirm personally) by supposed reliable sources that VGYH is no more....they are closing their doors. I know they sent home ALL of their employees last week, now that's a sign! Hope it's not true for all of us who have boats in the yards....what now??

sail2wind
Traveler

Loc: GJ, CO S/V Long Overdue
      #1749945 - 10/22/17 09:58 AM (24.92.151.13)

that would be hard to believe. Geoff Williams will be backlogged for months

Tackmaster
Traveler

Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: sail2wind]
      #1749948 - 10/22/17 10:10 AM (96.40.221.193)

If you are talking about Geoff Cooke, he is not part of the VGYH organization, he and Chris (his son) rent or lease their facilities from VGYH (at least they did)...I do expect them continuing business, and yes...they will be very busy for years to come...two good guys!!

rita_irvine
Traveler

Loc: Here and There
      #1749966 - 10/22/17 06:28 PM (67.183.88.143)

http://www.bviinvestmentclub.com/

BVI Investment Club currently lists VGHY as an investment. An article from 2012 say they have 100% ownership of Village Cay anfd VGHY.. obviously that could have changed over the last 5 years but with the currentl listing as an asset I would doubt they would have divested.

Tackmaster, what blog were you on? I would be interested in following that information. If I was in your position I would be contacting the BVIIC and putting the pressure on them. Clearly they have some if not all of the ownership and just hired the management team.

--------------------
Rita
It is better to be happy than it is to be right
[url=https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]

RatmansWife
Traveler

Loc: Memphis, BVI, CT
Re: Boat owners at VGYH....news? [Re: rita_irvine]
      #1749968 - 10/22/17 08:04 PM (73.91.187.224)

If a property manager is uncommunicative or unresponsive, thereís not much you can do - you get whatever information you can and you hope for the best. Your house is where it is.

If a boatyard manager is uncommunicative, and you realize other boatyards are much better run, you know you have options. That is one business where your customers can disappear overnight, literally.

The Investment Club gets bad press about some of their projects. Itís curious that they donít seem to understand some basic realities.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | >> (show all)

Extra information
15 registered and 81 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Print Topic

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Topic views: 5269

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline
A Public Service of TTOL