Traveltalkonline.com Forums

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico

BeachKitten
Traveler

Loc: Maryland/DC Metro
(96.231.206.165)
Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :(
      09/23/17 06:40 PM

It appears other Caribbean islands and the Keys are out this year. Too much hurricane damage.

Mexico has never particularly appealed to us, though perhaps I should give it another look. I just don't want over commercialized and overbuilt like Cancun. Cheap or spring break type vibe is out as well.

Is there anyplace on either coast (must be a beach) that has a chill perhaps upscale vibe? Not looking for cheap (possibly tainted according to the news) alcohol. I like beach chair service, and GOOD FOOD. Activities and perhaps a tour or two nearby. Shopping is ALWAYS a plus. ;)

Is there a locale in Mexico that fits this bill? I explored Costa Rico, but RCI didn't have anything near the beach. Closest was a 2 hour drive.

Thank you!

--------------------
"It is good to do nothing all day, and then to rest" ;)

Post Extras Print Post   Remind Me!     Notify Moderator

Entire topic
Subject Posted by Posted on
* Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :( BeachKitten 09/23/17 06:40 PM
. * * Re: Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :( cruzer   09/24/17 04:37 PM
. * * Re: Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :( SMC_Irish_68   09/24/17 09:29 AM
. * * Re: Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :( pat   09/23/17 10:18 PM
. * * Re: Seeking alternative to St Maarten this year :( BeachKitten   09/30/17 03:37 PM

Travel and Vacation Forums >> Cancun - Isla Mujeres - Mexico

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Forum Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is disabled
      TTOLCode is enabled

Thread views: 665

Jump to

Contact Us Terms of Use Advertising on TTOL Traveltalkonline