Any word on Voyage Charters? They posted a vague message on their website a few weeks ago.
We have a charter booked spring of next year and were bringing a boat load of first timers to the BVIs. Speaking with them last night, they do not want to go and wish to cancel the trip. In all honesty I do not blame them as it is an expensive vacation and I also believe recovery will take quite some time, far longer than 6 months.
I told them that given the circumstances we need to give Voyage a few more weeks to assess their fleet and damage etc before we cancel the trip. IF we cancel there is a 20% cancelation fee which is rather steep. If Voyage cancels the trip then I am assuming they will refund our deposit. With that said, they are a small charter company, who even knows if they can survive this event.
My husband and I have been traveling to the BVIs since 2008 and feel the need to help boost the economy when it is time for visitors to return. We will do so, albeit but on a smaller vessel and most likely alone. We will wait a few years to bring newbies.