Top Posters(30 Days)
jazzgal 51
LBI2SXM 39
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
61 registered members (firstcharter, Bernd, NotquiteCapnRon, cbinparadise, ColoBoater, cvo, SXMbeacher, marybeth, EWortman, KareemCheese, davew, windward2c, boucharda, joeboo, pandpfromcanada, SteveH, JasonHelmbrecht, bigbobthib, capecodfishman, Artofmpls, samboaty, GW248, Buddyhog, Boondox, SXMNorm, marisol, crmoores, sail445, rfrimmel, sugarae, isuee94, charlie, HappyNude, KirkB, duke63, Tonythepilot, PML, mprevo, Droner, dayhiker, JoGene, dolfer, JanBob, NumberCruncher, mainesailor, Fletch, chazo, candu, kaba, SandS, bigkahona, Kennyxx50, 9 invisible), 178 guests, and 372 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
19 minutes ago
Invite them for a drink?? Wait for the mooring ball police ??? Just a opinion . On a serious side we have been coming down as early as the mid 70s. This seems quite problematic
62 4,008 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
20 minutes ago
That should be fine if there are no weather issues and you are dealing with two weather issue places....not many other options though..AA has 90 min layover in PHL but it's AA and it's PHL (weather also) so I guess pick your poison

We were switched to a PHL connection by AA a month from now and fingers are crossed
1 50 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
32 minutes ago
We always put all sunscreen, lotions etc. in sealed ziplock bags in our checked luggage. If it leaks it's no biggie....
2 205 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
39 minutes ago
It could be unexploded ordinance from when they used Culebra for military maneuvers.
1 13 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
42 minutes ago
La Rosa in Maho /Mario's Bistro in Port Cupacoy
54 3,215 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
59 minutes ago
Of course if you are truly interested in "off-the-beaten-path" you should rent chairs (and an umbrella) for the length of your stay (PackLite or Kenny's) and carry them in your trunk. For us, a baguette sandwich and a few beers and 'any' beach is home for the day.
15 1,511 Read More
Nude Resorts, Beaches and Cruises
1 hour ago
Hi Chuck & Joni. I spoke with Tiki and we are in the #2 spot on the waitlist for the month of March. Linda and I really enjoyed our stay last March. This year I know enough to bring my own wedges and putter. Question: do the local rules allow just one wedge in your bag each game or are you allowed two (or more)?
8 758 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
We ended up eating at Potters by the sea. We enjoyed when Singing Sam came to our boat when we anchored to invite us to his restaurant. He had a entertaining skit that won our vote. It was an amazing lobster. My daughter had the chicken fettuccine which was good also. It was the best meal we have had on all the islands. We will have to try the others on our next trip. Thank you for the help
8 305 Read More
British Virgin Islands
6 hours ago
Ellen

Thank you for your quick reply. appreciate it.

From Road Harbor, our first day, I would prefer to head directly to Cooper, snorkel Cistern Pt. have fun at the rum bar, and then a short happy hour and diner dinner at the Cooper Island Beach Club. The other plus is a much shorter sail the next day up the Sir Francis Drake Channel to Leverick Bay, VG.

We could catch Norman on the last full day of our trip, snorkel the Indians and Pelican, and the caves, and eat ashore at Pirates or The Club , Overnight there at Norman and have an easy sail back Road Harbor.

I will pass your message on to Admiral Erica.

Mahalo nui loa

Denny and Erica
2 329 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
That’s my line
24 1,366 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
12 hours ago
Not sure on the elevation at A&E but I don’t think I could do the walk to OB from Club F. Maybe to but not home. Definitely not after dinner.
22 2,008 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Thanks for the report. Hopefully our paths will cross again soon.
4 588 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by captdennyj
Lets hope that the Willy T will find a new home soon.

I was thinking of north sound on virgin gorda, moorings, places to anchor, and protected from the seas.

Someone said that the USVI boats would likely not come there, but from what we have seen most of them are power boats, and tie up to the docks at the Willy T. They travel fast , so the extra distance of a few miles should not be a big deal.

They may have to work with More secure , and add in addiitnal moorings.

The main biz, seems to be the charter boats, bare boat, and skippered, so the party should be on.

Would be great if the windups on peter island would just chill and leave the Willy T alone. The Willy T was a tradition with a whole lot of us, and actually our first overnight after leaving road harbor was the Bight and the Willy T. And then drop off early to
snorkel the Indians and Pelican Is.

Probably a lot more going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of.

It's more than a few miles from Norman to North Sound. If the Willy T. moved to North Sound it would be a 2 hour trip each way from RH or STJ with CI clearance. Not to mention the cost would double per person. Willy T. could make it in NS after BEYC and Saba Rock reopen. There are other viable locations such as Little Harbor JVD but there is no way the established businesses there would put up with it. A short term solution would be Sopers Hole. But when the shore facilities are fully rebuilt there would not be enough mooring space.
52 8,332 Read More
Photo Gallery Testing
Yesterday at 08:59 PM
0 10 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:09 PM
Has anyone rented any of these recently? Just wondering about the current situation. Usually stay at Mt. Vernon. Looking for something for 2 mid April. Thanks!
Brad
0 204 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
I've had good luck with his cell as well. 284-544-3703
2 155 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
My wife and I stayed at Namaste villa 4-5 years ago. It was really nice in the pelican key area. private pool and deck overlooking the ocean. Owners were Canadian I believe, and were very easy to work with.
42 6,636 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 04:33 PM
As expected. See you.
2 265 Read More
SXM People Talk
Yesterday at 04:26 PM
Thanks for posting that. Nice to see the faces behind the names.
8 305 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 03:58 PM
Originally Posted by edsml
PEDCO,

We'll be sailing aboard DYCs Lagoon 52 "Mercurey" from the 12th to 26th of January. If you're around on these dates stop by to say hello.

Captain Ed

We just finished a week aboard Mercurey! What a beautiful boat! Have a great time!
7 1,027 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 02:38 PM
We'll be on cat Island Fun 2/27/3/6 and currently plan on being there 3/1 - 3/3
12 1,049 Read More
World Wide Travel
Yesterday at 11:38 AM
Hello all world ttolers.

I see AnnTS report and others it prompted this post.

At some point planning a trip which definitely has Bangkok in it, ive been there before 20+ years ago. But, i want to see Cambodia and Vietnam. As im planning a trip which circumnavigates the globe by air, ive only dedicated a week to Bangkok and surroundings.

Can anybody recommend a quick but good route, method of travel to/from Bangkok. Things to see along the way.No looking for expensive in fact quite the opposite, looking for private accomodation (not hostels), clean, safe. Willing to do trains,buses, planes, walking. We like that to get in the mix so to speak.

Again, clean and safe. We’ll be heading to India and europe from here.
0 28 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:25 AM
Thanks for another great installment.
20 1,708 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:47 AM
Were you able to get a mooring ball? What time did you arrive at the baths?

We are planing to spend the previous night in Cooper and head to the Baths early. We plan to paddle board from the dinghy.

In order to get a mooring, any suggestions at what time we should leave cooper?
11 2,293 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:34 AM
Link on Trip Advisor which includes map:

LINK
5 385 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4