Member Spotlight
JasonHelmbrecht
JasonHelmbrecht
Cane Garden Bay, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
funnybunny921, Gatorman1
Who's Online Now
29 registered members (botnot, sugarae, Fiendish Astronaut, Manpot, ronnieernie, bdeeley, RickinAtlanta, RatmansWife, captmoby, Paul6363, SXMbeacher, DonnDe, usasxmlover, RobT, duke63, dj1094, ChiTownHarry, Kennys, 11 invisible), 113 guests, and 348 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
St. Maarten - St. Martin
18 minutes ago
Congrats on a trip back to SXM!!! Enjoy!
16 746 Read More
Testing
34 minutes ago
Jump to new posts Test [by DonnDe]
0 12 Read More
World Wide Travel
38 minutes ago
I was there in 2002 and 2012. The first time was during the SARS epidemic so there were not a lot of tourists anywhere in Asia, and most were Westerners. There was a lot more in 2012, with a lot of Chinese and Korean tourists. The biggest change was the addition of wooden stairs for some of the steeper rock stairways. Easier but not as challenging. I recommend touring early in the morning and relaxing in the afternoon. With 4 days, must sees are:

Angkor Wat - The most exotic place I have visited in the world
Angkor Thom - the tall Peminenakus (spelling is wrong) temple is my favorite place if you like climbing temples.
Ta Prohm for the trees
Bantea Srei for the carvings
Phnom Bakheng for the sunset (it will be crowded)

Enjoy but do not wear your self out.
7 170 Read More
Photo Gallery Testing
1 hour ago
Jump to new posts test [by DonnDe]
0 12 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Yes. More than that.
44 2,161 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
Big deal. Drop in the bucket considering the over all cost of a vacation.
7 699 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Weather is improving. It has been very hazy, but after a few rain showers, visibility is getting better, and there’s a lovely breeze. Could only see a couple lights on VG last night, but now have a clear view of Spanishtown, the Baths, Fallen Jerusalem, Round Rock, Ginger, Salt, Peter and Norman. Will know it’s really clear when I can see Anegada from my kitchen sink.

Marina Cay is closed, and there are virtually no sailboats around. But there are lots of boats ferrying workers to all the outer islands.

This is my first visit during hurricane season, but it’s lovely and quiet.
0 44 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
2 hours ago
For those who have not signed up to the Club Orient Newsletter here is the link to sign up...
https://gem.godaddy.com/signups/200990/join
0 91 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
2 hours ago
We were on STJ in April and had a blast! Snorkeling was on the way to recovery, but not like the past.
Plenty of Turtles and the water was awesome, but little shade.
East End was better than the North Shore
Did not go to Salt Pond area.

Here is a link to our trip report which has some underwater shots and some pics: Trip Report

There are more pictures and details in the blog which is linked at the end of the Trip Report.

No matter what you will be in blue water and life is good.
And if you have any free time consider a little volunteer work with the Friends on the National Park.
I am sure there is still plenty to do.

Have a great time.
3 134 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
I sent them a message, about two weeks ago on Facebook, and they indicated that they were still working with the land owner but would not be open in November/December when we are there. We too are bummed as we always stopped and had a good time there.
1 279 Read More
Recipes
4 hours ago
OK, let us know how it comes out!
3 32 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
First you have to go to your ticket factory account and do your new date first, then you put the code into your signature in your profile.
1 164 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
Sadly, Passat is still on the bottom of the lagoon.
6 394 Read More
Recipes
6 hours ago
We eat a lot of pasta, but have gotten away from traditional tomato sauces! I found the NYT's piece....some of the comments are funny because people just HAVE TO add to her recipe, ha!. I'll try this one following her recipe, very simple, just don't walk away from the sauce!
1 50 Read More
Southern Caribbean
6 hours ago
Hi, So it has been a while but here are the restaurants we ate at and where and overall impressions

St George - Dinner at Carib Sushi: this was a really good meal and pretty reasonable price wise, will be even better for Americans with the better conversion
Tyrell bay, Dinner at Slip Way: This was a pleasant surprise! Gastronomical experience right on the water, great service and atmosphere as well. Highly recommended!
Petit St Vincent - Dinner at the restaurant at the beach (there is another fancier restaurant but not sure as to restrictions for yachts) the beach restaurantt was really nice, perfect location scenery. it was slow so we had literally 3 servers hanging around replacing bears, drinks, etc. Great experience. Expensive though!
Tyrell Bay, Lazy turtle, Fun casual restaurant, great pizza and good value, highly recommended
Grenada - Dinner at Aquarium: I was pretty tired and there may have been a few too many wobbly pops, so my recollection was that the food took really long to get to us, the fish was okay, the atmosphere and general seeting very nice and right on the beach. would be nice for a sunset dinner
Kalinago - I guess we didn't follow the advice given to us. We had other options but after a hectic packed week, tests and studying, we decided to take it easy and eat on the beach right on the hotel. Overall impressions. okay, expensive.

btw, I though Kalaningo was a great value stay if you are looking for a place to stay before or after cruise, great beach, rooms were basic but clean and all looking on to the beach. Also if you stay here there is a little shack beach bar called La Plywood on the north side of the beach that had really good fish tacos. great place to hang out and enjoy some beverages as an alternative to the hotel bar (which was pretty dead)
6 888 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
11 hours ago
It ain't over yet cloud
5 831 Read More
Charter Boat Reviews and Questions
17 hours ago
We’ve booked the 441 cat for 4 couples. Grenada next year. Hoping it’ll be big enough? 4 cabins 4 heads & newer boat. We’re stressed about the small refrigerator but that might mean we go out to dinner more:)
4 611 Read More
Southern Caribbean
18 hours ago
Thank you for the information! We’re staying at Blue Horizon the night before we board. There are 9 couples & we can all fit:).
I’ll be back here as it gets closer with more questions I’m sure🤗👍🏻
13 426 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
21 hours ago
Ocean Club is gone. They are working on Sapphire.
2 398 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:56 PM
You should revisit this thread and ask the question again right after the first of the year. I am quite sure there will be quite a few more opti9ns available that people can share with you.
13 760 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:24 PM
There must be a strong undertow.
13 1,007 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:28 PM
vacanakey, sent you a PM. Look for the flashing yellow envelope at top of page.
47 2,257 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 04:11 PM
They have a complimentary shuttle that will pick you up at The Lobster Trap.
16 1,669 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 02:58 PM
Map,

We have a one bedroom unit located in the Point Pleasant complex. It's on the east end of St Thomas about 5 minutes from Red Hook and all the fun to be had there. Along with the ferry to St. John. Coki Beach is just across the bay, Lindquist Beach is a stones throw away and Sapphire as well. You just can't be beat the view and the breezes from our balcony up on the top of the hill! There is a restaurant on site and three pools to enjoy.

PM me and I can send you the website and our VRBO listing number!! I have contacts for a variety other units available in the complex for them as well.

Lisa Brown
6 278 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 12:49 PM
Bitter End's latest update says they hope to have the mooring field, marina, retail and food and drinks available Spring 2019.
4 876 Read More
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3