Member Spotlight
SurfandSail
SurfandSail
Soper's Hole Marina, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
njmom, ryanbuckner
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (BeachcomberPT, HibiscusFan, Biturbo, dreamin42long, SXMScubaman), 55 guests, and 365 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
On a cat you would need to be in 10 ft plus to be quessy.
7 254 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
sounds a bit high to me. take either 600 or 700 (depending on which type of unit) and multiply by 50 weeks. times number of units.....seems pretty high to me. 30 thousand or 35 thousand seems a bit outrageous. that of course does NOT include what the resort has or will recieve from insurance companies.

yes.....i own 4 weeks of timeshare. three at royal islander...and one week at cape cod, mass
4 219 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Bahston
Belmond La Samanna has announced a re-opening date of December 10, 2018.

Yes, I saw that this afternoon also. This report was written a couple of days ago.
15 1,629 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Great vid!
10 815 Read More
General Caribbean
5 hours ago
Risk is subjective and depends on your travel experience, destination, plans while there and so much more. We’ve never felt unsafe in Bayahibe or Dominicus, or where we live in Mexico. Research is an all-important component in enjoying any destination.

Third world destination describes everywhere we go to enjoy the beauty of the Carib!

Going to a gated resort in the secluded resort areas removes you from the real experience of meeting the wonderful people and seeing the abundant natural beauty, and often involves the “remote roads in the middle of nowhere” mentioned above. Again, research the areas, comparing Punta Cana to Bayahibe and Puerto Plata, etc, etc.

Just do some research on your own rather than relying only on this forum, even for quick getaway understanding the destination is very mportant. Sorry, cannot help with any RCI properties but research the different areas to find the one you want to visit. You can then research the properties in that area that interest you.

[EDIT]
We once stayed at Dreams La Romana in Bayahibe, that is listed by RCI but the AI cost will be pricey. The nice thing about that property is the 5 minute stroll into Bayahibe and to the Seavis Tours and Pro E excursions.
9 213 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
5 hours ago
You can also buy the premade baguette sandwiches at Market Garden. I've had them before and they are pretty good. Have taken them to the beach many times. They have tuna, ham & cheese, roast beef, salami and another I can't remember. All good for $2.50.
9 436 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:31 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. Do these places deliver or within walking distance from the marina?
4 458 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Id say thats about a week too short the the Sound
5 663 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
Yesterday at 11:07 PM
Looking for recommendations for budget lodging for two people on St. John in January for a few days in the Cruz Bay area.
0 31 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 10:13 PM
If you run into a guy sitting on a small boat in the middle of no-where, ask him what is he getting? Good chance you can pick up any size lobster you want off the skiff for 20 bucks. Tip for breaking off the tail, not from the top. De-tail-ate the guy from the belly.
17 1,077 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 09:56 PM
Zip locks, diaper wipes and remember to throw them out with every trash run. We are liveaboard now and have trash cans in each head.
9 647 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:43 PM
Yes, saw the permit yesterday for sure.
1 316 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 08:24 PM
I know all the 2 bed units at La Vista Beach were occupied in May when we were there. Pool looked great too.
4 346 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 08:07 PM
My family and I highly recommend Brian's place, Adagio as we have stayed there on several trips land based trips to VG. Great location and villa!
8 466 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 07:20 PM
Not sure, but that certainly have for all around it. We just grabbed some pizza.
14 818 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Regardless, from what I am hearing, Carrefoure will be closed for around two months. Sad for them, with all they had to do to open after the hurricane. And no, no foul play probably. Suspected electrical problem in the office area.
32 2,168 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:35 PM
Originally Posted by agrimsrud
Originally Posted by tangerine3
We are only looking for a two or three cabin one. Will only be me and my husband. Now I'm looking into what you need to qualify to captain it yourself.

Judging from many encounters with power cats over the last few years I would say the following list is a good starter on qualifications:

1. No qualifications other than been on a boat a couple of times and you know the pointy end is in front
2. No idea what the rules of the road are
3. Play your music really really loud in every anchorage. After all - if you enjoy the music then obviously everyone else does too
4. Party most of the night and be really loud (I presume to overcome the load music) and in the process take your clothes off and run around naked.
5. Drive the power cat as fast as possible and as close to other boats as possible. Drive like you've rented it!
6. If there are any rules they don't apply to you. Things like private mooring balls, 90 minutes time limit and no overnight usage of bvi park moorings, etc. do not apply to you. Rules are for the little people!

I have met power cat people that don't have this list of qualifications. But unfortunately not many.

In my experience this list applies equally to both power boaters and sailors. I own both and find the snarky blowboater and stink potter comments humorous.
16 563 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 05:16 PM
Originally Posted by Dreamer
Plans? We don't need no stinking plans...

Why I never go with anyone that does not have a plan.
21 692 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 04:29 PM
I always use this car rental place they’re awesome
16 889 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 03:06 PM
Originally Posted by TravelHat
Funny thing, I am sitting here in my Calamos Cafe tee shirt and just read this. I haven't been able to find anything on line about status. I have seen that they are doing a lot of work on electric and other services on the main road so maybe everyone is waiting on that to wrap up before rebuilding. Have to agree no place like it, C'est la vie!

I contacted them on Facebook and they said they hope to be open by the end on November 2018, which is when we are scheduled to return.
9 755 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 02:49 PM
There was always a nice lounge there in combination to the operating restaurant at Fig and Bananas.
7 678 Read More
British Virgin Islands
Yesterday at 01:31 AM
I prefer to keep my favorite deserted white sandy beaches secluded...so I'll simply suggest to head to Anegada. Drive/taxi to Cow Wreck, Big Bamboo, or Flash of Beauty then walk left or right down the beach about 200 yards and setup base camp.
1 281 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:25 AM
Thanks for sharing and nice photos
17 1,069 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:19 AM
Agree about the Buccanneer - always enjoy lunch there. Great vibe, nice people working there, diverse clientele and beautiful views.
17 902 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 12:05 AM
Good to know. Thanks for the onhand assessment.
1 445 Read More
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4