Member Spotlight
jollymonsrv
jollymonsrv
So. Shore MA.
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
cpnsxm, grower53, J_Shan
Who's Online Now
62 registered members (Sunnykm, JlarsBVI, Julius, Coffee, nysaills, SXMbeacher, RickinAtlanta, Gator259, BombaCharger, lifeguard, sphotovacations, socamon, CHS_JDE, deputydog1157, ZekeB, GW248, anet_scot, SXMScubaman, duke63, astropilot, DDnBob, tradewinds, jpfitzy7, louismcc, charlie, gordaguy2, MamaJ, EllenS, leo, ChiTownHarry, debjohn, PnPinNC, 4Driver4, Sunflower, firstcharter, chazo, dj1094, MT13, snmhanson, JimRuos, rkitek, tlw440, greg1, AUCspouse, SteveH, davecyndi, dayhiker, ItsAllGood, Tonythepilot, 13 invisible), 207 guests, and 183 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
British Virgin Islands
5 minutes ago
I just got back on Sunday from a 7 day charter. I am working on a report now. We stayed at
Norman-lots of balls and the restaurant is open.

Jost Van Dyke- Great Harbor and had lunch at Foxy's and a couple other little shops were open there. Across the bay at a green building/dock you can get gas and water.

Little Jost-Stayed at Diamond Cay. Going ashore was very sad as the two buildings/bars there are completely gone. Bubbly pool is there but a completely different experience with all the vegetation there. B-Line said it is open but we were only one of three boats there so it didn't appear to be open when we were there.

Guana Island-All the moorings were full when we stayed there (I think there are around 11 of them). Beautiful beach, atmosphere, and overall a nice evening/afternoon.

Anegada-Stayed two nights here. Got a car from Dean Wheatley dwjeep@hotmail.com Great guy! Flash of Beauty beach/bar was destroyed so we didn't spend much time there. Had lunch at Loblolly and was a great time as usual. Everything looked great. Then off to Cow Wreck where they are already building some new structures but looks just wonderful still.

Leverick-Contacted Nick and got a slip (they now have ice and water) we attended the Friday Night BBQ and was a lot of fun. Nick helped us get a rental car and went to the Baths and no one was there. It was awesome. Driving through Spanish Town and seeing all the boats there was not awesome and very sad.

Stopped at Nanny Cay to fill up on Gas. The pool and beach bar look awesome and inviting. Spent the night at Peter Island. Lots of balls and not many people.

We hear that Oil Nut Bay on Virgin Gorda is welcoming charters to stay at their dock if you eat lunch at the resort. You are welcome to use the facilities as well. We just ran out of time so we weren't able to do it. I wish we would have. A friend got an email about Oil Nut Bay from a charter captain down there. I could do some searching to find it if it would be of help.

Saw people on the balls at Marina Cay, Trellis, and Cooper.
8 630 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
me too
2 149 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
I believe I read that they intend to repair the terminal building to withstand a future cat 5 hurricane. Stronger than it was before. That is going to take longer than some simple patchwork.
8 652 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
1 hour ago
They don't have a web site, but these folks do regular hikes https://www.facebook.com/SXM-Trails-162783230420132/

And here https://www.trisportsxm.com/
1 59 Read More
Southern Caribbean
1 hour ago
There are many stories around on some sites, many by people who have not been there for quite a while. If one is looking for a high end yacht club/YCCS experience, this is not the place to go unless one is going to park at Mustique (no marina though). If one wants to experience as much of the old Caribbean as still exists, this is it.

Boat Boys in the Grenadines are generally quite helpful in my experience. In the Tobago Cays they need to have a license to even be there, and this is how they make a living. One can get bread, sundries, ice, tobacco, fish, lobster, and more. It is a bit pricey, but when one considers they have fuel bills, inventory, and the convenience of delivery it is not too bad, Ask/confirm the pricing in advance for things they will bring in the morning. Some negotiation is possible. Politeness, as always, is key.

St. Lucia and St. Vincent proper they can be a bit aggressive coming out to meet you a mile off shore to volunteer to take your lines. No Boat boys in Carriacou or Grenada we saw.
15 531 Read More
British Virgin Islands
1 hour ago
Originally Posted by tpcook
I just received the first proposal from the insurance company, but it is so ridiculous that we (My son and I) are responding that we are preparing or arbitration in the matter. I may need some one to act as an arbitrator in the matter. As an example, they are saying we are under insured by 87.6% and then in another paragraph they are saying the estimate that we submitted was too high even though it was at a per sqft rebuild of $237 The villa is heavily damaged and nothing can be reused except for the cistern. I estimated a 40 week rebuild and they think 30 weeks. A villa cannot be built in the BVI in 30 weeks.

Basically the insurance company is abusing their clients.

Sent you a PM
62 6,384 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
3 hours ago
Where are you staying? We are going to Barbados this year, Divi Southwinds, see you next year.
1 186 Read More
US VI and Puerto Rico
3 hours ago
Thanks Sail44!

Originally Posted by sail445
Traveling from PR or Culebra to the USVI is fine no checking in is necessary they’re both US territories, although going back from the USVI to PR or Culebra requires a checking in with Customs due to the USVI being a free port.
5 313 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Thanks Eric I didn't recognize the new format and kept clicking on the envelope then realized I had to click on title BSV to open it.

Sorry to bother you.
2 366 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
Originally Posted by GaKaye
The water on the street by Atrium has been a problem for years, long before Irma.

Correct, it goes back many years to being a problem there. No proper drainage and a low area are not a good combination.
5 577 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
4 hours ago
The beaches and water have been well cleaned. We swim here all the time and have had no issued with debris. And they are continually cleaning various more remote places too.
5 936 Read More
British Virgin Islands
4 hours ago
You will love it!! It was a great boat for just two of us. The one we had allowed you to leave the bulkhead down between the salon and the v berth so it was one big, cool space! I don't know if the recent ones in their fleet allow for that but for only two, it was great! We were nice and cool in May with no ac. Sails great! Fast!!
15 791 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Hiya, Leverick bay has Mike Bean our very own Pirate Show Mon/Tues/Wed every week until May. We also have our famous Jumbie/BBQ night every Friday until August. Come on and enjoy
1 238 Read More
British Virgin Islands
5 hours ago
Oh good to know!
19 766 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
6 hours ago
3 621 Read More
British Virgin Islands
14 hours ago
I apologize we will need the rooms in early March. Sugar Mill sounds good if they are open.
5 532 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
16 hours ago
Drove by there today, new cinder block walls in place and working on the roof, still lots to do but Feb 28th seem reasonable. Definitely NOT open yet.
5 758 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
17 hours ago
Thanks for the info on Willie.
3 651 Read More
Photo Gallery Testing
17 hours ago
Test 2
0 23 Read More
Photo Gallery Testing
17 hours ago
Orient at Pedro's
0 16 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by grandcasegirl
We should be heading to Grand Case this weekend, but our home away from home had significant damage from Irma. This the first year since 1982 that we have not been to the Island. frown

Me too, also sad! First year for me since 2002. I started in 1990, but missed a few because of a hurricane (Louis 1995) and 2 years for home renovations in the 2000-2001 range where I spent all my money on drywall! Now I am
stuck in Canada where it is cold, winter and awful.
3 913 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 11:37 PM
Cool, very excited its back! I like checking out the ships coming in every morning.
1 293 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:38 PM
Yes we just discovered Happy Bay last visit and loved that it was so private except for the occasional annoying party boat
3 412 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 10:31 PM
Thanks again!
3 331 Read More
St. Maarten - St. Martin
Yesterday at 09:41 PM
we gave our week back to diamond resorts two years ago
we wrote to them explaining why we would like to return our week because of hardship
they did ask for 250$ but we told them we could not afford it and they never asked again we got confirmation from them about month after that we no longer have week 11
but we did have our payments up to date when we requested to return our week
7 815 Read More
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6