This is not good to hear.....

As a professional charter capt for many years , I would sit down with the charter party and learn what they want to do, and what the like, and set up an itinerary
that worked for all of them . What to do ashore, where to snorkel, hike, shop, beach it, sight see, etc.

If they wished, getting those who wish, become involved in sailing the boat. Usually, a few want to learn a bit of Navigation, sail trim, and being at the helm a bit.
Others want to kick back, soak up the rays, and party.

This is BVI, are these skippers, U.S.C.G Certified, or have British licenses ?

The best deal is to get some very high quality rum, and give Christo a call. You would be in good hands.

Also, did you , in writing, pass all of your experience with that skipper on to the Charter Company ? He will continue to pull the same disrespectful nonesense on the next charterer as well..

However, if the charter party wanted me to do something that was unsafe for the vessel or crew, in that case the captain's decision would rule, but it would require a thorough
explanation as to the reason .

Also, taking the dink for his own use, for hours at a time. Totally unacceptable.

Another thing, sometimes, when the charter party went ashore, they might ask me to join them, other times, they would want to be on their own. It was all good.

That charter skipper would not last long with the companies that I worked with . Flat gone.