Originally Posted by bailau
Originally Posted by louismcc
Originally Posted by bailau
On our last trip we had a sister boat with a Moorings Captain while I had the bareboat. Not only did he not ask preferences of them but tried to steer the other boat to ports where he had girlfriends and/or parties. After about 2 days of this they told the captain to follow our prearranged schedule and mirror us. I believe a good skipper as Louis suggests will ask for your preferences and take you where you want to go but have a prearranged idea....seeing Spanish Town shouldn't be on your list...:)

I hope you let Moorings know about this because I doubt seriously that they (or any other reputable charter company) would tolerate this. I would complain to both the base manager and the parent company.

I didn't tell Moorings...I left that with the people on his boat and don't know what they did. I am sure base would care more than the PE company that owns Moorings and would most likely not even care. I mentioned this more for awareness that you should know where you want to go and work it out through your captain and dont automatically defer.

We remain happy and loyal customers of Sunsail/Moorings, mostly because nobody else in the BVI seems to be able to touch them on price when it comes to a 48ft-ish mono with 3 cabin config...and believe me, we've tried! But, I digress...when we have had issues in the past, we have escalated to head-office and had a very swift, professional and pleasing result.

...that said, it really depends on the issue you have. For us, credit toward a future charter was always a good result. But to have a bad skipper...that's something that needs to be fixed at base-level and fast.