I think you are imagining Nigel's and Patricia's "beach bars" as a little more than they are. Smugglers is very off the beaten path and is known (or luckily unknown) for its seclusion and emptiness of anything "touristy." Think deserted island beach. Patricia and Nigel were running under the radar, impromptu, put up-take down daily bars for years until the govt decided to assert their authority. They ran them off Smugglers for running illegal "bars" there. Later, the govt relented and Nigel and Patricia came back. Patricia, as far as I know post Irma, is still running her family operation off her folding tables, blender hooked up to a car battery, propane tanks to cook, and portable coolers for beer.(I'm not saying this to be condescending to her business. I'm just telling you what to expect. I have loved Miss Patricia since 2005 and only patronize her while at Smug). Nigel, on the other hand, was more of an entrepreneur and set up a more permanent structure. However, that is also very small time and simply serves its purpose -- to sell drinks and bar food.

These aren't beach bars in the sense of those at Cane Garden Bay which are more restaurants on the beach. Patricia and Nigel basically pack up at the end of the day and go home (usually around 5pm) when the tourists leave and the sand fleas come out in force. I think expecting a beach BBQ for 6 might be expecting a little too much. But, see Jason's post above for Patricia's in-villa services.