We are celebrating our 10 year wedding anniversary in SXM the week of April 22 staying at our usual La Vista, but of course renting a car from Lesley. I typically don't worry too much about reservations given the time of year/season but given the special occasion trying to lock in a few things. Curious for any suggestions you may have to make this trip extra special or feedback on the below. We have already added a few days in Anguilla beforehand so hopefully we arrive to SXM extra relaxed :-) Thank you to everyone on this board for all the excellent information as always!

Beach club days: Anse Marcel, Orient/Coco Beach, Mullet/Kalatua, Karakters, Pinel
We missed Anse Marcel last visit because we ended up not realizing they were closed the day we headed over - are reservations advisable for beach and/or lunch and does anyone know their schedule?
We haven't spent much time historically in Orient so thought we'd check out Coco Beach - do we need reservations there? I saw a post they are closed Mondays (website says they are open) - does that sound right? Silly question - what is the best way to park at Orient, is there a different way to go to go to Coco?
Lastly, wanted to check out the new place at Mullet Kalatua - how have experiences been there?

Activities: Planes @ Maho, jetskiing, cheese tasting
We've never actually watched the planes land at Maho - want to dabble in the experience without sand in the face - thinking of going to Tortuga - is this a lunchtime/early afternoon activity?
Rhino Safari's snorkeling tour to Creole Rock sounded like fun - we usually bring our own gear and just look around at whatever beaches we are at - thought this might be a fun way to see SXM from the water, I am thinking it is relatively easy and we get to see a new snorkel spot
My husband and I are foodies, he loves French cheese - heard from you all about Le Comptoir des Fromages in Marigot - thing is my husband doesn't drink so curious how much time is spent on the wine pairing - he is ok to skip but if a focus we'd prob just buy some to have on beach with a baguette instead

Food: We are also excited to eat all the French food - for dinners - La Cigale, want to try L'Atelier/Ocean82 for first time, Le Cool Heure sounds fun for lunch - need to pair it with a Friar's/Happy Bay day though, Jai's, Bamboo House, Nola are all new to us, never been to Mario's Bistro and I am a sucker for a beautiful view, but tend not to think of SXM for Italian... the hubby love Jax's (got the tomahawk there once - he still talks about it). Lee's used to be our first stop on arrival but it wasn't as great in the new location - not sure what would fill this need though?

Lastly, we are early risers - thinking we could do some light walking/exercise in AM then have breakfast - any good routes/breakfast spots? Our typical spots are La Sucriere, Reveil Matin - sounded like Vesna Taverna should be in the mix; never been to Top Carrot actually - wondering if that is a good fresh juice/smoothie spot

Last edited by Carialle; 03/20/2023 08:39 AM.