Arrived Dec 1st on United from Dulles direct. We stayed at the Hyatt at the airport the night before because cost was only $50 through priceline.com. That saved us the $7 per day parking cost and was nice to have them take us and pick us up. We were gone for 12 days so it worked for us. They only go on Sat to St Thomas direct I think. It sure was nice not to stop in San Juan. Took a van-taxi to Red Hook. The fare should have been $9 per person if more than one but I didn't know this until later. We got had for $12 per head. Hey we're on vacation right!? Maybe the next folks that arrive will be better prepared now. Use the money you save to get a cool one of your choice. We used Online Vacations 888-842-6632, Denise Wright. Great communication and help. This was our 5th trip back. My wife and I picked "Maria Breeze" villa with Denise' guidence. It was ausome. The Wesson family built and owns it, as in Smith&Wesson guns! Just the two of us in a 5 bedroom villa. It is located on the highest area on Great Cruz Bay on the leftside as you look out towards the ocean from the Westin Hotel. Close to town but very private. Rented a Suzuki from St John Rental which is very close to the dock area. Hit most of the beaches but leaned towards Moho as the nicest and most convient to parking the car and walking 20 feet to the beach. Great snorkeling as well. Salt pond was pretty busy the day we were there. Sandie saw her first turtle up close! We brought a cooler full of frozen food with us so we ate all but two dinners at the villa. Both dinners out were at Morgans Mango. The new chef has it togather! The neat parts were the special folks we met. A great family from Phoneix and the guys and gals at the Beach Bar at Cruz Bay. The happy hour is from 3-7. $2.00 pain killers! Dove with Cruz Bay Water Sports and saw my first shark since certifing 7 years ago. Nurse shark came about 5 inches from me! Very professional group. Starfish Market is still very nice and has good selection. We had more rain showers than ever. Not bad as they didn't last too long and the island needs it. Bugs got to my wife more than me. We took B-12 before and while we were there as well as bug juice with DEET. They just don't like me as much as her. Is that polictically correct? Put the bug juice on early. As usual we loved our stay on St John but ventured over to Virgin Gorda for 4 days for the first time. That trip report is on the BVI site. Can't wait to return! [Linked Image]<br><br><P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by Administrator on 12/17/01 01:19 PM.</EM></FONT></P>