Thank you all for taking the time to read my reports and view photos. We had a great vacation, seeing old friends and acquaintances.

There is never enough time to do it all but we did a lot in our 15 days.

We saw more rain in past visits, but not once did sprinkles or stronger stop us from spending time on the beach whether it was for a few hours or longer. It was more humid than normal along with breezy days & nights for the better part of our trip. Toward the end less and less humidity.

We experienced some heavy rains in the evenings so there was a lots of huge areas of water behind Sunset which we had to past daily. We got around it and only once did someone get stuck in the sand coming into Beacon Hill by Maho beach. It certainly impacted the driver more than us. Getting through Mullet to Cupecoy one day was an adventure as there was one "lake" after another. LOL!

Outbound on Delta and well worth upgrading to Comfort Class for $49 each. We were assigned bulkhead with a two seat row. The best was that we did not have to pay for checked luggage, it was included. We checked 3 bags. We were also given TSA pre-check access with the ticket. Delta provided blankets, ear buds, free movies and nice snacks. It was our first time flying Delta to SXM. It will not be our last.

On the other hand returning on United is not something we will do again. Decided to upgrade to Economy Plus and the cost was $172 for the two of us. We did get the extra leg room and only two seats in our row but that is all the additional fee bought us. We had to pay $90 for 3 checked bags, did not get priority boarding, pathetic small bag of a snack. The TVs were at a cost of $7.99 each. You weren't able to even view the flight tracker unless you swiped your cc to the tune of $7.99. It is not convenient for us to return via Newark as we live in Westchester County, NY. I bought us inbound because at the time Delta and JB were too expensive. Between wasting our money on the upgrade and hitting horrendeous traffic approaching the GW bridge I doubt we'll fly UA again to or from SXM.

I'd like to end on a high note and say this was a fantastic trip. Beachside Villas is wonderful as ever and for the first time we stayed at the Royal Palm. We really liked it there too. The beachfront does not compare to BSV but the unit we stayed in at all the same amenities along with onsite restaurant, pool and swim up bar. I'm a sucker for a swim up bar. We met some very nice people at the RP and would consider staying there again in the future for a few nights.

Another first for us was renting from Alain at Triple AAA. Alain was a pleasure to deal with, gave us a good rate and no problems with our car. We will definitely rent from him again.

Looking forward to reading your trip reports for those who are on the island or will be in the future.