Member Spotlight
Aries4
Aries4
Morrisville, PA/West End, Tortola
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
36 registered members (Zanshin, OceanSong, eightzerobits, CJIMI, CaribbeanCanadians, Donaegada, SXMScubaman, blooming, Fletch, cabokid, bailau, caribbeangirl13, timnboston, RickG, Fran, Bernd, kaba, SURICK, Michel_Benarrosh, Kennys, tradewinds, JeanneB, steve74, SacoFrank, 12 invisible), 963 guests, and 67 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Another Dive BVI update #147195
10/24/2017 07:02 AM
10/24/2017 07:02 AM
Miramichi NB Canada
Sandsailsun Offline OP
Traveler
Sandsailsun  Offline OP
Traveler
Miramichi NB Canada
I know some of you don't follow Facebook so sharing this post from their recent post.
------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE FROM THE FUND smile

Update October 23, 5:00pm
Good Afternoon!! My apologies for going so long between updates! Thank you for continuing to follow us and the progress of Virgin Gorda - not to mention your amazing support from the very beginning. Next week will be the final update on this page and all updates will be shifted to our VGROC team on the Facebook page (Virgin Gorda Relief Supply Fund). Additionally, we will be stopping donations on this site and directing them to rebuildvg.org - it's time to move from our relief and recovery into a rebuild stage! We couldn't be more excited of the progress made that YOU have helped support!
As for an on island update, I traveled again to Virgin Gorda last Wednesday to do a general check in with my own business as we start to plan our own rebuild. I did get some time to visit with so many friends and see the progress. So many things to share!
- More power being restored! Now many houses up in the Princess Quarters area are receiving new poles and lines. Transformer oil has been finally cleared from Customs and being delivered to continue restoring power. After a meeting with the Premier 2 weeks ago, the supplies for power seem to be at easier access - communication is still challenged but getting better each day!
- We are hearing more and more from our sister islands and while some of this info is subject to change, it's a great start! Check out this GREAT site to keep you posted with newsletters - bvitraveler.com - it's full of wonderful information. A few of you have asked specifically about these places: Cooper Island Beach Club - open at Easter, Soggy Dollar Bar - open now during the rebuild, Scrub Island - attempting to open the marina at Christmas.
- Virgin Gorda Yacht Harbor Marina - as of last week - was a bit tough to get solid info from. I spoke to the managers and do know that the majority of the staff have been laid off for the time being. They have arranged to begin salvage operations on the marina and boats in the water. As a business owner in the marina, I also have a strong interest in this and I'll do my best to update you. We know that the Investment Club that owns them has suffered lots of loss and it must be quite tough to go through all of this and organize the future.
- Water plant still being worked on in North Sound - power is an issue but I'm working on getting more info.
Thank you so much for your support for the last 7 weeks! So much has happened! We are grateful beyond words for all you've done and continue to do. Now it's time for us to pull up our bootstraps and get it in shape for your visit!
#VGSTRONG #BVISTRONG
~Casey

Kim

BVI Sponsors
Re: Another Dive BVI update [Re: Sandsailsun] #147196
10/24/2017 09:41 AM
10/24/2017 09:41 AM
Rockford, Michigan
aarpskier Offline
Traveler
aarpskier  Offline
Traveler
Rockford, Michigan
It's BVI Traveller with two "l"s.

Re: Another Dive BVI update [Re: aarpskier] #147197
10/24/2017 12:41 PM
10/24/2017 12:41 PM
Upstate New York
TomC Offline
Traveler
TomC  Offline
Traveler
Upstate New York
Is anyone else experiencing difficulties with the bvitraveller.com link? I only get a blank white page.

Thanks!

Tom
Re: Another Dive BVI update [Re: TomC] #147198
10/24/2017 12:57 PM
10/24/2017 12:57 PM
Kannapolis, NC
ndfaninnc Offline
Traveler
ndfaninnc  Offline
Traveler
Kannapolis, NC
The site works much better with the 2 "L's" as suggested by aarpskier. Thanks.

Go Irish!!

Bill

[Linked Image]
Re: Another Dive BVI update [Re: ndfaninnc] #147199
10/24/2017 01:51 PM
10/24/2017 01:51 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Not for nothin' but that website appears to me to be someplace that is selling ads...

Carol Hill