Member Spotlight
calsail
calsail
Manhattan Beach, CA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
bvibev, jimma4191
Who's Online Now
32 registered members (JandIrene, jagmansr, CaribbeanCanadians, Husker, Bernd, RatmansWife, BHK, JeanneB, Todd, GeorgeC1, Cincinnati_Kid, lcote, OceanSong, jbutah, EllenS, Alecs, Fletch, StMartinFan, sxmpete, KirkB, Matt W, Kennys, cbinparadise, luvtotravel, 8 invisible), 851 guests, and 73 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Kudos to Horizon Yacht Charters #149088
11/24/2017 09:31 AM
11/24/2017 09:31 AM
Tustin CA
d_fish Offline OP
Traveler
d_fish  Offline OP
Traveler
Tustin CA
We are currently sailing with Horizon in Grenada/St. Vincent and Grenadines. I’ll post more on that later... but having an incredible time.

In any event received an email yesterday from Horizon with updates on the BVIs, their base and operations. Very impressive what they are doing and communicating to their current and future guests. I only wish Voyage would be so transparent regarding our upcoming charter.

I just tried to cut and paste but it’s not working due to all the imbedded images but the gist of the email is 6 new yachts arriving this week ready for Christmas charter, base open January 6, 2018, 20 yachts ready by April, 2018. I’m able to cut and paste this portion of the message:

“Update
The British Virgin Islands as a country continues to improve daily, and everyone is working very hard to rebuild and recover after the terrible storms that this hurricane season presented to us. Its lovely to see how hopeful and positive everyone is for the future; people take the time to smile and chat, so the caring spirit is very prevalent in all walks of life.

Horizon Yacht Charters BVI has been in business in these islands since 1998, and we feel that this season will be like stepping back in time a couple of decades, so if you remember how it used to be here in the “old days” and miss those quiet anchorages, and old world feel, we know you are going to love the vintage BVI! The mooring balls are still there, but gone is the race to get to them at the end of the day! And many beach bars and restaurants are open already for business and others will be opening very soon.

The hills are green again, and many beaches on the outer islands remain as beautiful as ever. Environmental committees have been snorkeling various areas to assess clean up needs especially in more populated areas such as Cane Garden Bay. There is a lot of work being done to ensure that our environment returns to its pristine state, and the beaches and waters are safe for everyone to enjoy.”

Kudos to Horizon and their staff! I must say we’ve charters with them twice now, both times from their Grenada base. We have received nothing but excellent service and their yachts are well cared for. I cannot believe how busy it is here right now. What a change from 4 years ago. The boat boys are much more friendly and less aggressive. In fact everyone has been incredibly friendly and helpful! It’s a beautiful part of the Caribbean and I wouldn’t hesitate to return!

I’m apologizing in advance if there are errors in my post, I’m posting from my iPhone and it’s hard to do on a small screen

Debby

Sent from my iPhone

BVI Sponsors
Re: Kudos to Horizon Yacht Charters [Re: d_fish] #149089
11/24/2017 09:34 PM
11/24/2017 09:34 PM
Georgia & South Carolina
D
Deepcut Offline
Traveler
Deepcut  Offline
Traveler
D
Georgia & South Carolina
Good to hear how BVI recovering and the improvements of the boat boys down south. We are looking forward to seeing for ourselves soon.

Wes
s/v Sea Tiger (2022 Lagoon 46)
www.BareBoatBVI.com