Member Spotlight
MrTim-BTV
MrTim-BTV
Essex Junction, VT
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
42 registered members (Bernd, duke63, Compskier, KirkB, SXMScubaman, charlie, Kmon, TC42, camview, timnboston, Mbrott, SXMBND, xrayman67, cwoody, Fran, GeorgeC1, taraavo, lcote, RatmansWife, Kennys, EdB, BSer, Kevin_B, biminis, jazzgal, SeeDiver, foreversxm, davidandsusannj, Reid, MKGrey, 12 invisible), 762 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Owner Time Charters and BVI in January #165116
07/04/2018 12:46 PM
07/04/2018 12:46 PM
R
Richard S Offline OP
Richard S  Offline OP
R
Hi,
Looking for anybody with experience/recs about Ownertime Charters and BVI in Jan.

I've been tasked with planning a buddy's bachelor party and charter a crewed catamaran in BVI sometime in January (I hear that this is the high season!). Yes, it's a bachelor party, but we're not a super rowdy bunch...what's it like in BVI in January? Too crowded? Where are the more secluded island-hopping spots?

A family friend told me to check out www.ownertimecharters.com bc he'd used them once. I researched some other places, but it seems like Owner Time's got super nice boats and good pricing, and Jenny is upfront and seems cool. Anyone used them to charter before?

This is my first time posting, thought I'd get an account and ask for some advice. Thanks! Happy 4th of July y'all!
-R

BVI Sponsors
Re: Owner Time Charters and BVI in January [Re: Richard S] #165348
07/08/2018 07:27 PM
07/08/2018 07:27 PM
Charlotte, NC
DEL Offline
Traveler
DEL  Offline
Traveler
Charlotte, NC
I have used them several times and would use them again. You have heard correctly, it is high season. That means availability is less and discounts are less. The best news I can offer is that January is usually slightly less busy/lower rates than Feb-April.

Not sure what you are looking for in a "crewed" catamaran. Understand that there are crewed boats that come with a captain and cook as a package. Alternatively, you can charter a boat and hire crew (captain + ?) through the charter company.

As a newbie, you may want to try a broker.

Re: Owner Time Charters and BVI in January [Re: DEL] #167011
08/01/2018 08:33 AM
08/01/2018 08:33 AM
R
Richard S Offline OP
Richard S  Offline OP
R
I did it! I've booked a charter with www.ownertimecharters.com for January. It's my first time doing anything like this...I'm feeling PRETTY proud of myself. Got a good deal through working with Jenny at Owner Time. I sprung for an Ipanema 58 that comes with a captain and chef...the price actually came out to being affordable when you compare it against the expense of food/drink, etc.

Plus- we'll be splitting the cost 10 ways! So that helps!

Thanks for the response Del. I'll let ya know how it goes!

-R