Member Spotlight
RickinAtlanta
RickinAtlanta
Woodstock, GA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
39 registered members (Halcyon, Tonythepilot, SXMScubaman, eightzerobits, steve74, TRIM, CaribbeanCanadians, tradewinds, sugarae, eilandmens, Kiles41, Travel Talker, Cap’n Rog, sxm2001, JandIrene, ChiTownHarry, jrw, RickinAtlanta, SXMbeacher, mark37, charlie, SXMBND, GeorgeC1, pl3, SeaLady29, Kennys, 13 invisible), 1,010 guests, and 58 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
At Divi and it’s Looking Good #181839
01/24/2019 10:25 PM
01/24/2019 10:25 PM
S
StMartinFan Offline OP
Traveler
StMartinFan  Offline OP
Traveler
S
We’re just finishing up our first of 2 weeks at Divi, so thought I’d provide an update on the resort.

Grounds and units are looking good, and I understand the resort is full this week. There are few signs left of the hurricane at Divi.

The new pool area above Gizmos is beautiful, with a swim up bar and new pool levels plus a whirlpool built higher than the old pool. It’s got some lovely night lighting as well. It reaches back almost to the casita units, so it feels like it’s upgraded the appeal of those as well. There is lots of seating and it hasn’t been busy the 2 times we walked up there. In fact, I wonder if they will be able to sustain having a bartender at the bar during the day as they do now unless it gets more business. One nice side affect - the Seabreeze pool now has lots of empty chairs as a result of the improvements to this pool.

There are lots of beach chairs and umbrellas, so easy to get a place on the beach. There were 6 cruise ships in port yesterday, so many extra visitors to the beach and they still had enough chairs. There wasn’t any organized cruise area or large groups but I did notice one group of a dozen or so that arrived with someone with a name badge helping them, so perhaps some local tour company brought over a group.

There has been live music at Gizmos every night except Saturday, which makes the bar area much livelier. Apparently tonight’s group, Control Brand, has a loyal following because there were lots of local people, mostly 30s and older, dancing and enjoying the evening at the bar. We haven’t been over other evenings so don’t know if it has been as busy every night, but It was fun to see all the energy. The Friday band is King Beau Beau’s group.

We tried Pure Ocean, the new restaurant tonight. It’s better than previous iterations but still not up to the standard of many of the local restaurants. But it was respectably busy, and we enjoyed our dinners enough that I’d return if I wanted the convenience of eating at the resort again.

There’s a new (at least to us) activities director who’s full of energy and is trying hard to keep people involved in activities during the day. The prior woman is also there, so between the two of them there are more games, bingo, water aerobics, etc., scheduled than I remembered from the past.

Overall, it feels like Divi is in a great place and we were delighted to be back again.

SXM Sponsors
Re: At Divi and it’s Looking Good [Re: StMartinFan] #181846
01/25/2019 01:30 AM
01/25/2019 01:30 AM
Portland, OR
jazzgal Offline
Traveler
jazzgal  Offline
Traveler
Portland, OR
Good news. Thanks for the report, Mike.

[Linked Image]