Member Spotlight
joe9090
joe9090
new jersey
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
ecco, OceanDrop, vincent
Who's Online Now
17 registered members (Zanshin, Tom, boucharda, Jc1925, tradewinds, Beansbbq, road3682, IWIWSE, WWII, jrw, SURICK, 6 invisible), 883 guests, and 81 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Creeps on Orient Beach #204636
09/16/2019 12:44 PM
09/16/2019 12:44 PM

N
nouth OP
Unregistered
nouth OP
Unregistered
N

In October we will be returning to SCM for the first time since Irma and looking forward to long, lazy days on the CO Orient beach. My wife has been reading (on other sites) about some bad experiences folk are having with very creepy men. Is there a problem? Has anyone here had a bad experience?

SXM Sponsors
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204637
09/16/2019 01:08 PM
09/16/2019 01:08 PM
St Maarten
BillandElaine Offline
Traveler
BillandElaine  Offline
Traveler
St Maarten
Swim there every week, no problems.

Elaine
God Bless the broken road....
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204638
09/16/2019 01:10 PM
09/16/2019 01:10 PM
T
Tammy Offline
Traveler
Tammy  Offline
Traveler
T
I read about the incident to which you are referring.
I have not been to the island since Irma.

I have had incidents on Cupecoy, Bay Rogue, Bay Prunes, Friars even on Orient with perverts staring and trying to advertise their 'goods'.
Though I have never encountered anyone trying to touch or invade my personal space.
I have always made it clear I am not intersed in playing.
Normally you can say this to the Beach Bar staff and they will communicate to the pervert.
It is disgusting but seems it's how some of them make a living.
And it's because they've had many a success in the past that they continue to ply their trade.

You and I may be sick by it but many folks go to the islands to go crazy.

I would say be sure not to venture off by yourself.
And be sure to patronize the beach bar in the beach you're at- it gives a little protection if you're their customer.

Be the person your dog thinks you are đź’«
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Tammy] #204639
09/16/2019 01:17 PM
09/16/2019 01:17 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204643
09/16/2019 01:58 PM
09/16/2019 01:58 PM
Kansas City Missouri
kccouple Offline
Traveler
kccouple  Offline
Traveler
Kansas City Missouri
SXM Beaches especially ones that cater to topless and nudity have always had Bush Boys. Not much you can do but ignore them.A few have been known to get a bit carried away! Shall we say satisfying theirselves? I have seen some folks throw rocks into the bushes and shine mirrors into their eyes. There will aways be pervs. say to say

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204644
09/16/2019 01:59 PM
09/16/2019 01:59 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
I've been a semi-regular on Orient Beach more time than I can count and I've never seen inappropriate behavior such as this. In fact, I can't help but question the motives of the Trip Advisor writer who posted this recently. I'm not saying this did not happen, but I'm also under the impression this may have been embellished this to some degree.

First, Orient Beach is not some isolated stretch of beach somewhere (like Happy Bay, for example). There are people everywhere with and without swimsuits on. There are more than enough men around so that if some jerk was acting in an inappropriate manner it would be taken care of promptly, with or without assistance from the gendarmes.

Second, Cedrick and his staff are always around as well getting people beach chairs, drinks, etc. He's not the police but he does keep an eye on things. And, if something ever did escalate to the point of a confrontation gendarmes are typically close by and can be summoned if needed.

It goes without saying that when you have a beach populated by naked individuals many men (and some women) are going to stare. They wouldn't be human if they didn't. But, I have never seen anything ever go beyond that point. Some folks are new to nude beach experience and at first this can be frightening and unsettling for them. But, like most of us they eventually settle in, enjoy themselves, and stop worrying about who's looking and where. That would be my best advice. Hope it helps!

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204647
09/16/2019 02:20 PM
09/16/2019 02:20 PM

N
nouth OP
Unregistered
nouth OP
Unregistered
N

Very helpful, Sammy M. We have enjoyed the beach on at least 8 trips pre-Irma, but my wife was concerned that things had deteriorated. Looking forward to October and to thanking Cedrick in person for all he has done to maintain the Club O "atmosphere."

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204648
09/16/2019 02:39 PM
09/16/2019 02:39 PM
T
Tammy Offline
Traveler
Tammy  Offline
Traveler
T
Let me be clear.

I have had incidents on Cupecoy, Bay Rogue, Bay Prunes, Friars even on Orient with perverts staring and trying to advertise their 'goods'.

By advertise I mean stroking themselves.

Someone who has an erection and is staring is normal.

But touching themselves is not welcome.
I thought it was a fairly regular thing.
Especially at Cupecoy and Bay Rogue.

I never felt scared or in danger during the incidents but I did feel harassed and grossed out.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204650
09/16/2019 03:10 PM
09/16/2019 03:10 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
You're welcome, Nouth. About a year or two ago someone on Trip Advisor wrote a review about the Temptations Resort in Cancun, Mexico. It claimed one of the hotel staff attacked a female guest in her room while her husband was out of room getting drinks (or something like that). She claimed she was assaulted, and was going to be raped but this turned out to be complete hoax aimed at discrediting this resort. A full investigation by local police along with a thorough review of security cameras never turned up a shred of evidence that this actually happened. My wife and I visited that beautiful resort this past May and out of curiosity I brought this up with some of the senior hotel staff who vehemently denied any attack such as that one ever occurred. Whether something happened at Temptations it is not for me to say, but this one detailed post on Trip Advisor raised many concerns and created a slew of online discussions that raised safety questions about this resort. But, there was never any proof of this incident and now it has faded in the past.

What is learned from this is that a hundred positive reviews about a place can be overshadowed quickly when one such negative review arises, and those reading it accept it for the truth. Trust the majority of the people who post on this forum regarding St. Martin (especially 'BillandElaine') and I'm quite sure your future ventures to SXM will be very enjoyable.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204651
09/16/2019 03:27 PM
09/16/2019 03:27 PM
Toronto
I
IAmCdn54 Offline
Traveler
IAmCdn54  Offline
Traveler
I
Toronto
Someone stalking a lady in the water is a completely different experience from what I have ever read.

In the 90's my ex and I had a bush whacker watching us on Rouge...the most disturbing part was she was fully clothed in a one piece and i was fully naked.

We recently told friends about our upcoming trip to SXM and she reminded me that they went 2-3 x in the 90's but stopped after one bush boy incident. They have always been a two trips to the Carribean a year couple but since the 90's they never went back to SxM. Add up those lost tourist $$$$.

We went to Negril once for our honeymoon. The fully clothed beach hucksters JUST / WOULD / NOT / LEAVE / US / ALONE in that 30 yard stretch of sand between our resort chairs and the water's edge. As long as we were in our beach chairs at Negril Gardens the scurity guys kept the hucksters away but step into that no man's land and you were fair game.

By the 5th day I was fed up with the "heh mon, you wanna go parasailing, heh mon you wanna buy ganja, heh mon you wanna go snorkling. HEH MON YOU WANNA LEAVE ME THE F*&CK ALONE ON MY VACATION!! We swore that we would never return to Jamaica. So far 15 years later we have stuck to that pledge.

I know that we might run into these guys more in SXM, escpecially if we visit rouge, Plum etc than we would in a place like Barbados, Cuba or the BVIs but I am hoping that it is not a big deal.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204654
09/16/2019 03:55 PM
09/16/2019 03:55 PM
T
Tammy Offline
Traveler
Tammy  Offline
Traveler
T
I understand what Sammy is saying about people reading one thing and forming an opinion based on it.
Even keeping away after one experience.
So I am sorry if I seemed to post a negative.

I am in no way saying it's dangerous.
I'm just saying it was disturbing.
And suggesting a little precaution by not venturing off by yourself.

I was in my early twenties on my first trip and yes I encountered a few sickos even on the first trip.
It didn't keep me from loving SXM and returning whenever I am able to.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204659
09/16/2019 04:42 PM
09/16/2019 04:42 PM
St Maarten
BillandElaine Offline
Traveler
BillandElaine  Offline
Traveler
St Maarten
If you feel uncomfortable about any one at any time, tell Cedrick. He's not security, but is watching out for his patrons.

Elaine
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: IAmCdn54] #204666
09/16/2019 08:27 PM
09/16/2019 08:27 PM
S
Stevemech Offline
Traveler
Stevemech  Offline
Traveler
S
We have witnessed all the examples you have all described. We have never seen anything escalate beyond being a pervert. Actually, we see the same guy every year at Cupecoy, Bay Rouge and sometimes Happy Bay. This guy has the same routine that is so predictable i can tell exactly what he will do in the exact order. If he does not get any takers, he moves on. I believe he might work for a rental car agency. Overall, he seems harmless in our experience. Danny never runs him off at Cupecoy. We have seen him every trip for 15 years. He makes his rounds to all 3 beaches.
I would not let this deter anybody from visiting those beaches. Just saying that there are a few local pervs and not bunches of them on the island.
I fully understand the ladies that are uncomfortable as my wife was the first time. Now we just laugh at his predictable behavior.
I could be wrong, but I believe you are quite safe at all of the c/o beaches. Don’t let a few wreck your vacation.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Stevemech] #204669
09/16/2019 08:55 PM
09/16/2019 08:55 PM
S
SPF29inSXM Offline
Traveler
SPF29inSXM  Offline
Traveler
S
In August my wife and I saw the fella at Cupecoy and Bay Rouge. He was harmless with us. Could definitely make a person feel uneasy or flattered.

We were at Orient 4 days and only saw Cedrick on the beach 1 time and he was the only one who confronted anyone that was a little bit suspicious. I don’t expect him to be at the beach everyday so just be mindful. I was more worried about the barracuda chilling under the float.

We never felt that things were that much different from the past. And still plan on heading back next year. I’d rather deal with a couple perverts on SXM then head to a different island

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: SammyM] #204672
09/16/2019 09:04 PM
09/16/2019 09:04 PM
P
PelicanPirate Offline
Traveler
PelicanPirate  Offline
Traveler
P
We havent seen anything in recent years as Tammy would say “advertsing” including after the storm.

But our first New Years while staying at Club O 2010 there was a multiday visit by a non local advertising himself at the edge between beach and resort property not far from Papagayo’s. We were new and he wasnt aimed at us but aome other patrons and security probably didnt see him although he was quite blatant.

Like I said nothing in recent years including this year at Club O beach.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Tammy] #204677
09/16/2019 11:11 PM
09/16/2019 11:11 PM
L
LBI2SXM Offline
Traveler
LBI2SXM  Offline
Traveler
L
Originally Posted by Tammy
Let me be clear.

By advertise I mean stroking themselves.

Someone who has an erection and is staring is normal.

But touching themselves is not welcome.
I thought it was a fairly regular thing.
Especially at Cupecoy and Bay Rogue.

I never felt scared or in danger during the incidents but I did feel harassed and grossed out.

Excuse me??? This is all normal to you? On a public beach? Good grief girl.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204683
09/17/2019 06:30 AM
09/17/2019 06:30 AM
T
Tammy Offline
Traveler
Tammy  Offline
Traveler
T
LB12SXM

I do not know if you misread my post.
Or if you are trying to be mean.
What I was trying to convey- ok maybe an erection sometimes can't be helped, staring is rude.
But touching oneself is crossing a line. ( and maybe even a crime)

Whoever posted originally on Trip Advisor had a horrible experience and chose to share.
Maybe we should all start with I am sorry whoever had to go through that.
Then onwards to suggestions to help person take extra precaution next trip.
Then to say it is an odd occurrence- the stalking.

When people speak up it's not nice to discredit or belittle their experience.
To the Trip Advisor poster - I am sorry.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Stevemech] #204684
09/17/2019 06:48 AM
09/17/2019 06:48 AM
St Maarten
BillandElaine Offline
Traveler
BillandElaine  Offline
Traveler
St Maarten
Originally Posted by Stevemech
I believe he might work for a rental car agency. .

Yes, he does. Comes and gets his jollies then picks up people from the airport.

Elaine
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204689
09/17/2019 08:03 AM
09/17/2019 08:03 AM
M
moi Offline
Traveler
moi  Offline
Traveler
M
We were at Club O beach in May and had an encounter with some fellows down by Papagayo. The people at Perch Lite said its a very popular area for men who want to "share" their wives as well as gay men (their words not mine). We wanted to see the damage past the old restaurant and were approached by a young man who was overly friendly and began to get an erection as we spoke. We went back to the beach quickly and stayed on the beachside of the restaurant the rest of the week.
We had a wonderful time and had no issues whatsoever as long as we stayed away from that area. We'll be going back, but will certainly stay in the open beach area. It's pretty much like it used to be, and Cedric does a great job of policing the area on the beach.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204717
09/17/2019 11:04 AM
09/17/2019 11:04 AM
Maine USA
doctorj Offline
Traveler
doctorj  Offline
Traveler
Maine USA
My wife and I have been to Orient for years and years and in May we will be there for our 4th trip since Irma. We have never had a problem. My thoughts are if you stay on Orient Beach without venturing into the Club O ruins you will only experience friendly people and a beautiful beach. I have heard about activities past Papagayo but we went down just to see the damage and once was enough. It is so sad to see Club O in this devastation. We go to Orient every day during our vacations.
Hope you all visit and have great vacations.
carib cheers,
doctorj

It's Five O'Clock Somewhere........
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204720
09/17/2019 11:10 AM
09/17/2019 11:10 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Just point down at it and start laughing. That will bust their ego.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: ] #204742
09/17/2019 01:04 PM
09/17/2019 01:04 PM
F
FreqFlyer Offline
FreqFlyer  Offline
F
I guess I'll take this opportunity to stop lurking and join the forum to post our experience from our trip in late July.

We spent a week on Club O Beach, which was perfect until the Saturday we were there. I was observing who I assumed to be a local gentleman wearing some sort of bandana or head covering with a thin gray yoga style towel that was sitting in an old orange lounger on the far end of the beach closer to Papagayo. Throughout the day, he would get up, weave his way through the chairs staring at the women on his way to the bar to get a single beer.

Eventually, this gentleman moved and occupied a chair directly behind a family with 2 minor girls. The beach boys seemed to be friendly to him and didn't charge him for the chair and he continued to be served at the bar. It also seemed he was friendly with some of the guests at the beach as he sat and talked to a few ladies a little further down and said hi to some of the volleyball players.

When he came back to his chair, he started to masturbate directly behind this family until the parents had enough. The dad confronted him and the mom had the massage lady call the Gendarmes. The 2 parents and 1-2 other beachgoers successfully engaged this perv in argument until the Gendarmes came and hauled the guy off. The family had to go to Marigot to file a report or else nothing would be done.

Cedrick was absent from the beach this entire week until he was called and showed up a little while after the Gendarmes. Cedrick said this guy was a problem and they had called the Gendarmes before on the perv only for him to escape into the ruins of the resort.

My biggest concern, that I wished I had expressed to Cedrick at the time, was that if he is a known perv, why were the beach boys letting him sit in a chair without paying and why was he being served at the bar.

It sounds like the perv population that was at Happy Bay, Cupecoy, etc. have now gravitated to Club O due the lack of security and abundance of escape routes and hiding places. After seeing this guy be friendly with the beach boys and bartenders, I think the only person that anybody can trust is Cedrick. If there's a problem, have the massage lady call the Gendarmes.

If what happened to the TripAdvisor poster happened to my wife and I, that would be the last time I ever got her to go to a nude beach. And people wonder why the average age of naturists keeps going up.

Last edited by FreqFlyer; 09/17/2019 01:07 PM.
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: BillandElaine] #204744
09/17/2019 01:09 PM
09/17/2019 01:09 PM
F
FreqFlyer Offline
FreqFlyer  Offline
F
Originally Posted by BillandElaine
Originally Posted by Stevemech
I believe he might work for a rental car agency. .

Yes, he does. Comes and gets his jollies then picks up people from the airport.

Who does he work for? So I can avoid renting from that company.

The ownership of the rental agency might want to know that they have a perv working for them.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: FreqFlyer] #204771
09/17/2019 06:02 PM
09/17/2019 06:02 PM
U
Uksimonusa Offline
Traveler
Uksimonusa  Offline
Traveler
U
Originally Posted by FreqFlyer
I guess I'll take this opportunity to stop lurking and join the forum to post our experience from our trip in late July.

We spent a week on Club O Beach, which was perfect until the Saturday we were there. I was observing who I assumed to be a local gentleman wearing some sort of bandana or head covering with a thin gray yoga style towel that was sitting in an old orange lounger on the far end of the beach closer to Papagayo. Throughout the day, he would get up, weave his way through the chairs staring at the women on his way to the bar to get a single beer.

Eventually, this gentleman moved and occupied a chair directly behind a family with 2 minor girls. The beach boys seemed to be friendly to him and didn't charge him for the chair and he continued to be served at the bar. It also seemed he was friendly with some of the guests at the beach as he sat and talked to a few ladies a little further down and said hi to some of the volleyball players.

When he came back to his chair, he started to masturbate directly behind this family until the parents had enough. The dad confronted him and the mom had the massage lady call the Gendarmes. The 2 parents and 1-2 other beachgoers successfully engaged this perv in argument until the Gendarmes came and hauled the guy off. The family had to go to Marigot to file a report or else nothing would be done.

Cedrick was absent from the beach this entire week until he was called and showed up a little while after the Gendarmes. Cedrick said this guy was a problem and they had called the Gendarmes before on the perv only for him to escape into the ruins of the resort.

My biggest concern, that I wished I had expressed to Cedrick at the time, was that if he is a known perv, why were the beach boys letting him sit in a chair without paying and why was he being served at the bar.

It sounds like the perv population that was at Happy Bay, Cupecoy, etc. have now gravitated to Club O due the lack of security and abundance of escape routes and hiding places. After seeing this guy be friendly with the beach boys and bartenders, I think the only person that anybody can trust is Cedrick. If there's a problem, have the massage lady call the Gendarmes.

If what happened to the TripAdvisor poster happened to my wife and I, that would be the last time I ever got her to go to a nude beach. And people wonder why the average age of naturists keeps going up.

We were there that day, my wife was playing volleyball, the Gendarmes really brought a strong force with them, even had a boat patrolling the harbor, probably because this guy had got away before.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: BillandElaine] #204781
09/17/2019 08:36 PM
09/17/2019 08:36 PM
Chelsea, MA (near Boston)
DavidC2065 Offline
Traveler
DavidC2065  Offline
Traveler
Chelsea, MA (near Boston)
So the guy works for one of the rental agencies? That's lovely. YIKES...

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205042
09/20/2019 12:52 PM
09/20/2019 12:52 PM
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
K
KGB Offline
Traveler
KGB  Offline
Traveler
K
I know exactly who you are talking about! We “met” him on our first trip to the island and I got so pissed off watching him circling around us that I almost went after him. Good thing that Danny showed up and I asked him what a hell is wrong with this guy? Danny explained me that he is not a threat at all and just makes a living offering his services to the ladies. Apparently, the island is famous for the sexual tourism where some ladies paying for a love. Danny told me to just say no thank you to him and he will leave you along.
We were watching him for the past 14 years, every year and pretty much every day he is at Cupecoy. First he walks the beach, then he finds a spot and takes off his trunks and then he applies what looks like a baby oil to his body. Then he offers his goods and services by strolling up and down the beach. Never seen him harassing anybody who didn’t want to be harassed. We have seen him been very friendly with a few ladies.
To each their own...

"Often Wrong, Never in Doubt"
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: KGB] #205043
09/20/2019 01:04 PM
09/20/2019 01:04 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
That is sexual solicitation which should be dealt with and not tolerated by Danny or anybody else approached.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205114
09/21/2019 01:19 PM
09/21/2019 01:19 PM
K
KGB Offline
Traveler
KGB  Offline
Traveler
K
I agree but the island has its own rules I guess... Not that I approve it. But at the same time I have seen a couple at Cupecoy at around 9:30am having sex in open without any hesitation while we are sitting not even 30 yards away! The same couple I have seen there for the past 10 years. Well known visitors. Do I approve it? No. Would I do it if nobody’s looking? Heheheh...

"Often Wrong, Never in Doubt"
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: KGB] #205133
09/21/2019 10:55 PM
09/21/2019 10:55 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
I saw a couple having sex at pinel too. Just ten feet from shore in the water. Pretty disgusting conduct.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205161
09/22/2019 12:50 PM
09/22/2019 12:50 PM
actionone Offline
Traveler
actionone  Offline
Traveler
We ran into them at Baie Rouge. Once I pulled out my camera and aimed it at them they took off quickly. They were no where near as aggressive as some of the posters above have noted.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: actionone] #205162
09/22/2019 01:05 PM
09/22/2019 01:05 PM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
You were lucky. No telling what some people will do when confronted. Especially with a camera pointed at them.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205179
09/22/2019 06:47 PM
09/22/2019 06:47 PM
B
billyjohn Offline
billyjohn  Offline
B
Unfortunately we have seen this behavior, but it seems to have increased leading up to, and more so post Irma.

Prior to Irma we had stayed on Orient the first half of July for 5 years in a row, and witnessed this behavior several times from folks both staying at club o and those walking the beach. In fact, there was a group of orient beach guests that would offer free drinks to the textile beach walkers if they shed their swimsuits, and we saw the same woman 3 years in a row who would walk down the beach and clearly would have one two many rum punches as she both shed her swimsuit and seemed to encourage what I could only say is 'inappropriate touching'. My husband still laughs as he's sure it's the same gal every year as she is younger and as he says, she clearly doesn't adhere to the more modern grooming habits lol. We are pretty laid back and while we don't judge, this beach is intended to be a family beach so seeing that is a bit of a change.

Since we have visited post irma, venturing south towards Papagayo is something we no longer do, as that's where the local creepers seem to hang out consistently and this never used to be the case. I used to love walking past the watersports shop as you could get stunning views of st barths, but unfortunately I won't do that without my swimsuit or husband anymore.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205182
09/22/2019 07:30 PM
09/22/2019 07:30 PM
Greensboro, NC
charlieh Offline
Traveler
charlieh  Offline
Traveler
Greensboro, NC
The good news is that I no longer go to SXM, so there is one less creep now.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: charlieh] #205186
09/22/2019 08:56 PM
09/22/2019 08:56 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Charlie--what?

Carol Hill
Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: Anonymous] #205194
09/22/2019 11:00 PM
09/22/2019 11:00 PM
S
SammyM Offline
Traveler
SammyM  Offline
Traveler
S
Might be a good time to consider ending this particular thread. Just a passing thought.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: billyjohn] #205199
09/23/2019 01:41 AM
09/23/2019 01:41 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Offline
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Offline
Traveler
Auburn, WA
Originally Posted by billyjohn
Unfortunately we have seen this behavior, but it seems to have increased leading up to, and more so post Irma.

Prior to Irma we had stayed on Orient the first half of July for 5 years in a row, and witnessed this behavior several times from folks both staying at club o and those walking the beach. In fact, there was a group of orient beach guests that would offer free drinks to the textile beach walkers if they shed their swimsuits, and we saw the same woman 3 years in a row who would walk down the beach and clearly would have one two many rum punches as she both shed her swimsuit and seemed to encourage what I could only say is 'inappropriate touching'. My husband still laughs as he's sure it's the same gal every year as she is younger and as he says, she clearly doesn't adhere to the more modern grooming habits lol. We are pretty laid back and while we don't judge, this beach is intended to be a family beach so seeing that is a bit of a change.

Since we have visited post irma, venturing south towards Papagayo is something we no longer do, as that's where the local creepers seem to hang out consistently and this never used to be the case. I used to love walking past the watersports shop as you could get stunning views of st barths, but unfortunately I won't do that without my swimsuit or husband anymore.

Her actions are totally disgusting.

Re: Creeps on Orient Beach [Re: SammyM] #205215
09/23/2019 09:05 AM
09/23/2019 09:05 AM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Sammy--I'm inclined to think you're right. People have been warned about this situation and time to move on.

Carol Hill