Member Spotlight
xrayman67
xrayman67
Panama City Beach, Florida
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Who's Online Now
35 registered members (Jim_Laraine, Fletch, ColoBoater, wendyk, BHK, geomo, Alecs, CaribbeanCanadians, Manpot, MamaB, Swifty, SXMScubaman, lcote, jbutah, Zanshin, richard4th, Todd, jazzgal, Jspoone, bostonbob, KirkB, MikeMc, anet_scot, Jeannius, Mainers, nevar37, GeorgeC1, 8 invisible), 517 guests, and 87 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Sol e Luna #263638
09/08/2021 08:53 PM
09/08/2021 08:53 PM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler
Sol e Luna just off the road to cul de sac is maybe the prettiest restaurants on the island and maybe one of the priciest
appetizers were in the twenties while our entrees were 36E and 38E respectfully, but don't let the higher prices deter you from visiting
not sure but their prix fix was not being offered on the night of our visit
we were seated at a table over looking the entrance with a small pool and the dried out water pond or whatever it is behind the cadisco gas station in Orient
the food speaks for itself and maybe second best of food for our two weeks
unfortunately our one server / bartender was unable to keep up with the several tables this evening, he was overwhelmed
this would not keep us away from a return visit.
the smoked salmon amuse was awesome followed by my wife's usual burrata and an exquisite octopus which could have been on the cover of a food magazine
the portion of octopus was small but the texture and flavors made up for that, there is a talented chef in the kitchen
lobster over risotto and a perfectly cooked fish were enjoyed, i will mention that I had to pour my own sauce over my fish entrée where the finer restaurants "French serve" the sauce, just a minor detail between Sol e Luna and Le Pressoir
we were full after entrees and forgo dessert and to get back before curfew, service was a bit slow
We were kept company with a mother cat and her four babies who followed the server after he fileted a fish for another table,
seemed most guests welcomed the cats including us as we were missing our three fur babies

may be on another night with better staffing Sol e Luna could be the best
Sol e Luna also offers a luncheon prix fix which may be a nice way to try the restaurant with out splurging for diner

Attached Files sol e luna amuse bouche.jpgSol e Luna Burrata.jpgsol e luna octopus.jpgsol e luna fish.jpgsol e luna lobster.jpgsol e luna cat.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Sol e Luna [Re: mahokid] #263644
09/09/2021 07:32 AM
09/09/2021 07:32 AM
Yonkers, NY
fabila Offline
Traveler
fabila  Offline
Traveler
Yonkers, NY
We had the prix fixe lunch several years ago and it was very good. Great reviews and pics of your meals