pat 42
jazzgal 40
Todd 40
Member Spotlight
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
LONGISLANDSHARON, Sca2la
Who's Online Now
46 registered members (Matagorda Dude, OceanSong, WWII, bostonbob, mscottc, lcote, bkigar, RickBlaine, IWIWSE, tradewinds, BlueMoc, ChiTownHarry, marybeth, MrEZgoin, WLE, Whale Tail, sxmpete, o2bnsxm, charlie, OllieEh, Time Will Tell, eightzerobits, StMartinFan, cbf, Uksimonusa, ericlut, Rbailey, cbinparadise, ColoBoater, pburke40, polaris, 15 invisible), 1,181 guests, and 56 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Le Pressoir #263634
09/08/2021 07:31 PM
09/08/2021 07:31 PM
mahokid Offline OP
Traveler
mahokid  Offline OP
Traveler

I will copy my wife's TA review of Le Pressior and add to it
Since one of our favorites Le Cottage was already closed for holiday we had an open night to fill and I am so glad I choose Le Pressior to fill in the open night
We have visited several times before but not since the new owners took over and chef Franc sold
It is even better now and was our best meal over the two weeks.
It was that good that we returned on our transition day for klunch before traveling to the Dutch side for lunch
we parked right outside the restaurant so we were able to keep an eye on the car !!!!!

(the following is my wife's review)
I want to start by saying everything was truly amazing.
The new decor is lovely of this restaurant as we haven't been back for 2 years.
The owners are friendly and engaging.
We felt like we returned home for a meal and yet we had dinner and had to return the very next day for an amazing lunch.
The chef creates beautiful dishes and tastes that bring a smile to your taste buds.
This will be a stop for us each time we return to the island. I believe it is Michelin Quality and presentation. . . Yes it is that good!
My husband is in the food industry and appreciates a good meal and this for him was a GREAT MEAL both dinner and lunch. The pricing maybe a slight higher than other prices fixes but it is worth every penny more.

My additions
Le Pressior offers a limited 59 Euro prix fix along with higher price ala carte which is justified considering the quality of the food and techniques prepared by the chef
We ordered the prix fix since everything we wanted was on that menu anyhow
A trio of house made butters arrived with warm rolls and I had to have another roll just to finish the butter, our favorite was the truffle, while espelette and plain were also offered
next a amuse bouche to wake up our taste buds
The most beautiful dish of the week was my wife's smoked marlin which arrived under a glass dome which released a heavenly smoke when lifted
just as tasty and also nicely presented were my king crab raviolis with seafoam and tableside lobster bisque
entrees arrived under cloches
this is French cooking at it's finest
I tried something different than many our my other weekly meals and totally devoured my porc stuffed with candied duck
my wife's perfectly portioned lobster medallions was served with baby pasta which seemed similar to orzo
Desserts did not disappoint

The husband and wife of Gil & Milaure team work very well together with Milaure seeming to be out front most during diner
On a side note, road work was being done during our visit and the water was temporarily turned off, my wife requested to use the ladies room, Gil offered her bottled water to flush, Gas or Flat !!

This restaurant is now tops in our opinion, definitely the best food with service to match

Attached Files Le Pressoir smoked marlin.jpgLe Pressoir king crab ravioli, lobster bisque, seafoam.jpgLe Pressoir amuse bouche.jpgLe Pressoir cloche.jpgLe Pressoir butter.jpgLe pressoir porc candied duck.jpgLe pressoir lobster, pasta.jpgle pressoir chocolate.jpgLe Pressoir dessert.jpg
SXM Sponsors
Re: Le Pressoir [Re: mahokid] #263645
09/09/2021 08:14 AM
09/09/2021 08:14 AM
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
GaKaye Offline
Traveler
GaKaye  Offline
Traveler
Peaceful Eastern North Carolin...
It's been years since we dined at Le Pressoir, but we loved it when we did. We're spending a couple of nights in Grand Case this trip, so will definitely be sure to dine there.