Member Spotlight
RickinAtlanta
RickinAtlanta
Woodstock, GA
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
jeverny, JimE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (George1234, sunmantwo, 1 invisible), 773 guests, and 70 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Thursday & Friday, days 10,11 #282423
05/16/2022 04:02 AM
05/16/2022 04:02 AM
Lake Texoma, Texas
C
cruzer Offline OP
Traveler
cruzer  Offline OP
Traveler
C
Lake Texoma, Texas
As my state of being in totally in the present has intensified, it's now Monday morning and I'm finally sending out a report for Thursday and Friday. Better late than never, I guess. And, today is moving day as we move into our own unit, finally.

Thursday and Friday were mostly cloudy with frequent rain. As we had no real plans to speak of, the rain didn't interfere.

Both mornings started with Larimar, the cat, meowing outside our door around 4:30, letting me know he was hungry. Pablo and Picasso were quickly alerted by his whining that breakfast was being served. Our breakfasts consisted of our bakery run goodies, primarily croissants and a baguette, while sitting above the beach viewing Anguilla. One of life's simple pleasures.

Made a run, first to Bacchus and then Super U to get more butter for us and milk for Picasso, and stock up on cheeses. Bacchus seem to have fewer offerings than in the past, so we only bought a jar of duck rillettes there and the rest from Super U. Interesting observation--we bought Emmentaler as one of our cheeses, and the sliced version costs the same as the blocks, and the cheese is identical.

We decided to make our main meal lunch at the LoLos. It never fails to amaze me how they make a living and support all the help on the prices they charge. I had the ribs, a full half rack, meaty and moist for 6 ridiculously low Dollars, plus 4 accras and a johnny cake. Filled me up for $8.75, excluding the obligatory 3 Ti-Punches. Mrs Cruzer had the ala carte conch stew.

Friday we planned dinner at Le Bistronome, really looking forward to seeing Alex and Chantal again. The place is tiny, with 4 4 tops and 4 2 tops, but they were full, so I reminded Mrs. Cruzer of my brilliant foresight in booking a reservation earlier. We figured we'd start out with Kir Royales, and placed the order, but Chantal told us to wait until after their complimentary offering of champagne with rasberry. I think I prefer those to Bellinis

As a starter we had the tuna carpaccio with Tahitian dressing. The best yet for tuna this trip, and melt in your mouth tender.
One of the specials was a lamb shank with juice encased in a puff pastry shell, but I had yet to have grouper, and both of us ordered that. Chantal seemed disappointed, but accepted my explanation. I have now completed all the must eats for this trip and can just wing my future meals. We topped the meal off with a shared creme brulee and 2 decaf cappuccinos. A very fine experience. And the house chardonnay satisfied MC, who prefers new world style wines, aside from Cote du Rhones.

This may be a downside for some, but the coziness of the restaurant leads to easier interaction with fellow diners. We spoke a bit to one couple with their two young daughters living in New York, but originally from The Ukraine and another couple born and bred on the Dutch side.

Life continues in the slow lane.

SXM Sponsors
Re: Thursday & Friday, days 10,11 [Re: cruzer] #282425
05/16/2022 05:58 AM
05/16/2022 05:58 AM
Auburn, WA
SXMScubaman Online content
Traveler
SXMScubaman  Online Content
Traveler
Auburn, WA
The "slow lane " is good. Best way to travel. Enjoy.