Member Spotlight
Colour1
Colour1
Westchester /NYC
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Dutchman, hathead, lookinatfifty, Lovetheocean, LuSea
Who's Online Now
12 registered members (tmsxmsails, WWII, beachy, Alltech63, Jerry_R, Fitzhughlaw, George1234, Todd_Melinda_K, 4 invisible), 828 guests, and 72 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
So it’s Tuesday, 11/15 #291229
11/15/2022 09:18 PM
11/15/2022 09:18 PM
Brookfield, CT.
pat Offline OP
Traveler
pat  Offline OP
Traveler
Brookfield, CT.
And we’re in countdown mode at this point. Today and Wednesday and then it’s D Day - as in departure day. Thursday will see us heading back to the land of cool temps and white stuff everywhere - not to be confused with the gritty white stuff we’re currently experiencing, and by comparison, enjoying.

I’ve seen a total of two sunrises this trip but didn’t stay up long enough to appreciate either one. And that’s okay……seen them before and probably will again, many times over.

When we finally did get up (8:00 ish) we had coffee and toast here. Had planned on going out to breakfast but decided since we would have to cross White Sands Lake again to do so, it just wasn’t worth the effort. Good thing we’re not real foodies since it is so easy NOT to have to go out to eat.

We spent most of the morning at the pool, meeting some really nice folks there, some of them long-time Canadian BSV visitors and some of them island first-timers, and then, we dressed for a trip into town to have lunch with one of our oldest SXM friends. Let me qualify that - one of the two SXMers we’ve known for what seems like forever - probably the better part of thirty years or more. I was not intending to imply ages.

Left BSV thinking middle of the day - probably no traffic. In my dreams - it took us almost an hour from BSV to Chesterfields at 1:15 in the afternoon. But it was definitely worth the effort. The company was great as was lunch! We laughed, we shared, we reminisced and there were a few moments when we almost cried. Shared memories are so special and we spent almost two and a half hours doing just that.

Had a great lunch/dinner but the food there is always good. I had fresh fish - like just off the fishing boat fresh and John had the garlic shrimp dinner which he said was great and some of us even topped off our lunch with big dishes of what else but Rhum raisin ice cream. Sitting there on the water with a gentle breeze blowing while watching the boats come and go was lovely but sadly, the ambiance was somewhat destroyed by the arrival of a few young women off one of the cruise ships in port.
They were loud and obnoxious and obviously had been imbibing freely long before they got to Chesterfields. But I digress……. We also watched the zip liners .while we ate. You couldn’t pay me enough money to try that little activity…….it didn’t look like fun times to me..

Anyway, it was a lovely day in almost every way and a busy day and now we’re in for the evening.

Respectfully,

pat

"Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat
them."
SXM Sponsors
Re: So it’s Tuesday, 11/15 [Re: pat] #291230
11/15/2022 09:30 PM
11/15/2022 09:30 PM
Central Florida!
Carol_Hill Offline
Traveler
Carol_Hill  Offline
Traveler
Central Florida!
Thanks for your report. SXM friends are the best..

Best wishes for your last couple of days.

Carol Hill
Re: So it’s Tuesday, 11/15 [Re: pat] #291242
11/16/2022 06:28 AM
11/16/2022 06:28 AM
Ohio
ruralcarrier Offline
Traveler
ruralcarrier  Offline
Traveler
Ohio
Sounds like another good day. Hard to believe your time on the island is coming to an end. Safe travels back.

J.D.