Traveltalkonline.com Forums


BVI Cruise Schedule TTOL Sponsors BVI Travel Calendar
Forum Statistics
Forums39
Topics27,186
Posts192,315
Members25,024
Most Online1,403
Dec 25th, 2017
Top Posters(30 Days)
bran 86
SammyM 62
pat 50
Kennys 39
Member Spotlight
BTB
BTB
MAINE
Posts: 81
Joined: October 2001
Show All Member Profiles 
Today's Birthdays
Irisnm26, NakedSailors, whey2thin
Who's Online Now
61 registered members (marisol, deliveryskipper, xrayman67, hotdogman, MamaB, George1234, JoGene, jrw, Compskier, BillR, pl3, RobT, dayhiker, weeks5051, BillDauterive, tradewinds, NotquiteCapnRon, Snorkeller, SeeDiver, Todd, Mikel, KirkB, hokiesailor, bigbobthib, JasonHelmbrecht, islegrl, PML, GW248, Larry, LINNY, bran, SoakInSaltwater, SammyM, Coffee, bailau, KevinM, Alexander9228, Julius, SXMScubaman, Bernd, Vernon, NCSailor, bdeeley, RickG, dj1094, xraylady, BlueMoc, bukovsrp, 13 invisible), 162 guests, and 378 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Ferry Advice #71601
10/19/2015 01:59 PM
10/19/2015 01:59 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
camview Offline OP
Traveler
camview  Offline OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
Hi all! I am looking for advice. There are 9 of us leaving STT on 3/12/15 to Virgin Gorda. The Ferry leaves at 4:00. 7 from our party arrive at the airport at 2:30, 2 of us will be in STT already (arrive on 3/9/15). When should we book our Ferry? Concerned that the people arriving that day could encounter some delays, so if we purchase in advance can the ticket be transferred to another ferry leaving for Tortola (an then over to VG). Do you think tickets will be available that morning and we could purchase all 9 tickets then (after checking flight schedule)? Thank you in advance for any advice!! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Grin.gif" alt="" />


LeaAnne


[Linked Image]
BVI Sponsors
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: camview] #71602
10/19/2015 02:52 PM
10/19/2015 02:52 PM
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,952
Macon, Georgia
GlennA Offline
Traveler
GlennA  Offline
Traveler
Joined: Apr 2004
Posts: 10,952
Macon, Georgia
My ferry rule: Never book in advance and never buy round trip. We always walk up and take the next boat leaving. Very seldom are the ferries at capacity. That said, your late group should have no problem making Speedy's 4PM to VG even wiht a little delay in arriving. Speedy is by far the most reliable ferry but if the other party is delayed to long none of the other companies will give credit for a Speedy's ticket.


Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. - Mark Twain
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: camview] #71603
10/19/2015 03:08 PM
10/19/2015 03:08 PM
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 527
Michigan
I
IWIWSE Offline
Traveler
IWIWSE  Offline
Traveler
I
Joined: Dec 2005
Posts: 527
Michigan
LeaAnne,
I would not buy any tickets ahead of time
including round trip tickets. Just pick them
up when you all get to the terminal.
There's a guy named Kevin that a lot of TTOL
folks use for taxi from airport to ferries.
Seems like he would be perfect for your
situation.
I'm sure someone will chime in with contact
info for Kevin

Mike

Re: Ferry Advice [Re: IWIWSE] #71604
10/19/2015 03:35 PM
10/19/2015 03:35 PM
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 73
Billerica, MA
LorettaFig Offline
Traveler
LorettaFig  Offline
Traveler
Joined: May 2010
Posts: 73
Billerica, MA
I third not buying tickets in advance and not buying round trip. We just see what the next ferry leaving is and purchase for that. Not sure if you can buy tickets for all in advance anyway. Last trip, we showed our passports when buying tickets, but maybe you can do that after the fact, before boarding.
Kevin may be able to help if you find the people coming in will be delayed enough that you are cutting it close, getting everyone there smoothly or making sure you get the best available ferry. (phone # (340) 643-0025))
Enjoy your trip !

Re: Ferry Advice [Re: camview] #71605
10/20/2015 07:32 AM
10/20/2015 07:32 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,041
Upstate New York
TomC Offline
Traveler
TomC  Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,041
Upstate New York
Quote
camview said:
Hi all! I am looking for advice. There are 9 of us leaving STT on 3/12/15 to Virgin Gorda. The Ferry leaves at 4:00. 7 from our party arrive at the airport at 2:30, 2 of us will be in STT already (arrive on 3/9/15). When should we book our Ferry? Concerned that the people arriving that day could encounter some delays, so if we purchase in advance can the ticket be transferred to another ferry leaving for Tortola (an then over to VG). Do you think tickets will be available that morning and we could purchase all 9 tickets then (after checking flight schedule)? Thank you in advance for any advice!! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Grin.gif" alt="" />


If you're planning to leave STT for VG on 3/12/15 you've already missed the ferry! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Wink.gif" alt="" />


Tom
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: GlennA] #71606
10/20/2015 08:37 AM
10/20/2015 08:37 AM
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 305
Tampa, FL
denverd0n Offline
Traveler
denverd0n  Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 305
Tampa, FL
Quote
GlennA said:
My ferry rule: Never book in advance and never buy round trip. We always walk up and take the next boat leaving.

This. Every single time.

Re: Ferry Advice [Re: TomC] #71607
10/20/2015 09:21 AM
10/20/2015 09:21 AM
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 414
Memphis, TN
beerMe Offline
Traveler
beerMe  Offline
Traveler
Joined: Jul 2004
Posts: 414
Memphis, TN
Quote
TomC said:
Quote
camview said:
Hi all! I am looking for advice. There are 9 of us leaving STT on 3/12/15 to Virgin Gorda. The Ferry leaves at 4:00. 7 from our party arrive at the airport at 2:30, 2 of us will be in STT already (arrive on 3/9/15). When should we book our Ferry? Concerned that the people arriving that day could encounter some delays, so if we purchase in advance can the ticket be transferred to another ferry leaving for Tortola (an then over to VG). Do you think tickets will be available that morning and we could purchase all 9 tickets then (after checking flight schedule)? Thank you in advance for any advice!! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Grin.gif" alt="" />


If you're planning to leave STT for VG on 3/12/15 you've already missed the ferry! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Wink.gif" alt="" />


Ah, Kevin can fix that!


Life involves risks, take some prudent ones (NOT with the BVI ferries)!
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: TomC] #71608
10/20/2015 01:26 PM
10/20/2015 01:26 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
camview Offline OP
Traveler
camview  Offline OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
LOL! Don't tell my kids we missed it!!! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/duh.gif" alt="" />


LeaAnne


[Linked Image]
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: camview] #71609
10/20/2015 01:30 PM
10/20/2015 01:30 PM
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
camview Offline OP
Traveler
camview  Offline OP
Traveler
Joined: Aug 2015
Posts: 5
Massachusetts
Thank you all for your advice! I will be patient and wait!! I had already wrote Kevin's number down from previous posts, and from what I hear he is awesome!

Looking forward to our trip and showing my family what My husband and I fell in love with when we were in BVI 2 years ago.


LeaAnne


[Linked Image]
Re: Ferry Advice [Re: TomC] #71610
10/21/2015 07:40 AM
10/21/2015 07:40 AM
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,041
Upstate New York
TomC Offline
Traveler
TomC  Offline
Traveler
Joined: Oct 2000
Posts: 2,041
Upstate New York
On second thought, based upon recent reliability reports, the 3/12/2015 4:00 pm ferry may not yet have left the dock! <img src="http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/images/graemlins/Grin.gif" alt="" />


Tom

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.6.1