TravelTalkOnline

Here right now and need beach information.

Posted By: Bixa525

Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 01:46 AM

Anybody have any suggestions for some calm beaches in SXM? Our normal go to beach Baie Rouge was wicked yesterday to the point that my husband got slammed into the rocks and really bruised is toes. It was so rough barely anyone was in the water. We tried Gallion today but a storm came up and we had to leave. We then ended up at Kokomo which was beautiful but we would like to try some other beaches. We have Pinel on our list but any other suggestions would be appreciated. I realize beaches change from day to day but if anyone is here and has any experience with beach conditions I would love your input. Thanks!
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 01:59 AM

Friar's is usually calm.
Posted By: Rasputin

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 02:00 AM

I am NOT on island right now, but looking at windguru.com, which is usually pretty accurate, it looks like you are going to have good size waves (and winds) coming from the East for a few more days. That will effect east & north facing beaches also, like Bay Rouge.

Your best bet will be on the west side of the island, like Plum Bay (Baie Prune) or Baie Longue. They won't be perfectly calm, but better than beaches located on the east of north sides of the island.

Looks like it will calm down a bit by Saturday.
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 02:13 AM

Mullet would also be calmer alond with Simpson bay.
Posted By: cherie

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 02:25 AM

Friar's was calm today, lovely day with very little wind and a couple of 1 minute sprinkles. Just very annoying getting in and out of the water with the rocks all along the beach. The calm water and lack of strong wind made it worth it , plus it will remain in memory as the butterfly beach - I've never seen butterflies across the water like today.
Posted By: singbeach

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 11:20 AM

Anse Marcel was nice, less windy than orient, some big waves occasionally, the AMB Restaurant was wonderful...will go back! So pretty there too!
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/13/2015 12:49 PM

I played tennis yesterday AM at SBR and it was VERY windy...but...when the wind died down the courts were inundated with the white butterflies which the locals refer to as "St. Maarten snow"
Posted By: Bixa525

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/17/2015 12:20 AM

Thank you everyone Friars was beautiful and Pinel was great today!
Posted By: Mpant

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/17/2015 03:16 AM

How do you access beach at Anse Marcel?
Used to eat lunch at Radisson and then you could use chairs and beach
Posted By: kish

Re: Here right now and need beach information. - 01/17/2015 05:39 PM

Today (17th) there was no wind at Club O end of Orient and sea was very calm.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline