TravelTalkOnline

posting photos

Posted By: vetteguy

posting photos - 03/14/2015 04:30 PM

I am using the testing section and trying to post photos from my Onedrive account but all I am seeing is the link. What I am doing wrong?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 04:33 PM

I think you need the image tag?

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 04:57 PM

I have the photo in a public file within Onedrive and it is set to share. But when I copy the embedded link and paste it to my post, all I see is the link. I want to show the image in my post and not the link. What am I missing?
Posted By: charlieh

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 05:04 PM

Are you using the Instant TTOL Code for Image?

You can't post a URL without doing the Image tool.

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 05:31 PM

[img]https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=415C0BF1174E07B0&id=415C0BF1174E07B0%21107[/img]

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 05:37 PM

I tried using the image code and ended up with the previous post. Still can't understand this?
Posted By: gd1147

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 05:38 PM

I don't believe you can post images directly from Onedrive. It is not a link directly to the image file, but to a page where it can be viewed. So the [image] tag will not know what to do with the URL. You can use something like IMGUR.com which is free and will give you a direct link to the file.

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 05:49 PM

gd1147 said:
I don't believe you can post images directly from Onedrive. It is not a link directly to the image file, but to a page where it can be viewed. So the [image] tag will not know what to do with the URL. You can use something like IMGUR.com which is free and will give you a direct link to the file.

I have to agree that OneDrive won't work for this purpose. I uploaded the picture to Picasa. I could not post it from OneDrive.

[Linked Image]

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 06:06 PM

Thanks for all your help.
I don't currently use Picasa, Photobucket or Flickr. Are there any advantages to using one over the other?

Re: posting photos - 03/14/2015 07:53 PM

vetteguy said:
Thanks for all your help.
I don't currently use Picasa, Photobucket or Flickr. Are there any advantages to using one over the other?

Have no real answer to this, but assume that all are fine. I do like the photo editing tools with Picasa, but I'm guessing all of them have editing tools. Of course the best news is that photo hosting is free.
Posted By: astropilot

Re: posting photos - 03/15/2015 12:57 PM

The advantage is that with Flikr, or Picasa you can click on an image, choose to share it. When you do you will be able to copy the HTML/BBC code that represents a direct link to the photo. You can copy that code directly into your post and like magic the photo will then display in your post.

Sounds a bit complex but it is really very easy.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline