TravelTalkOnline

Parking Fee in Gran Case

Posted By: swimmers

Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 04:35 PM

Last year (and in previous years) when we parked in the parking lot across from Calmos, in Gran Case, we were approached, and told there was a $5 parking fee. We just kept on walking and ignored him. Since then I was told by another individual that there now is a parking fee. Has anyone else heard this?
Posted By: EdB

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 04:47 PM

there wasnt a fee as of april.

i believe the only fee parking are the two private lots down the street
Posted By: Alaskan

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 05:08 PM

It's a shakedown by ne'er do wells that has been going on for years. Sometimes they will even try to "direct" you into a specific parking space. Just ignore them - it's a public lot and there is no fee.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 06:52 PM

I think swimmers is trying to say that someone else has reported to him that lot is now an official paid parking lot. I don't think that is the case, as otherwise we would have heard about it here. The other parking lots that are paid lots definitely have signs that say so and what the fee is, as well as the parking booth there for the fellow to sit in. If approached by someone at the public lot, unless you were concerned for your safety, you could ask them where the sign is, stating the fee for parking and see what their response is. But I would probably just keep walking..
Posted By: biglar

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 07:58 PM

The fellow was there in April and May of this year trying to get $5 from anyone who would give it to him. When security or the Gendarmes were visible, he was not to be found.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 08:14 PM

Sometimes they will even try to "direct" you into a specific parking space.

Yup, 2 kids tried that in January. I just went past them and picked my own space.
Posted By: EdB

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/03/2015 09:15 PM

i got fooled into paying the first time i used that lot. got a good laugh to find out it was supposed to be free. it was the last time i paid to use that lot, and have been there many times since. yes, i've been approached....but just smile and say...''good try'' and keep on walking. It's a good local scam.
Posted By: swimmers

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/04/2015 12:41 AM

Thank you all for your responses...I sort of figured it was a scam.
Posted By: Cathyg

Re: Parking Fee in Gran Case - 06/04/2015 01:07 AM

We were there in April...we pulled into the free lot and an older gentleman told us we owed him $3 for parking....we ignored him.
The lot is free....don't fall for the scam.

the lot across from il nettuno is a paid lot that most of the restaurants will comp if you show them the ticket.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline