TravelTalkOnline

Traveling with a single

Posted By: zeus1963

Traveling with a single - 08/05/2015 07:31 PM

Me and my wife are bringing a male friend in his early 40s with us to St. Maarten. I have never traveled alone there so I don't know if there are spots that singles hang out. Any advice or places to be in hope of meeting someone to hang out with?
Posted By: fabila

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/05/2015 08:09 PM

Red Piano is a good start as is Buccaneer Beach bar, Sunset Bar and Grill, Pineapple Pete's, Prive, St Maarten Yacht Club.
Posted By: Colour1

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/06/2015 06:44 AM

Another fun place: Lagoonies!!! Great "HH" and good food $$!!! http://www.lagoon-marina.com/companies-on-site/lagoonies-bar-and-cafe/
Posted By: scottsteg

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/06/2015 06:52 PM

I traveled there as a late-30s/early-40s single person multiple times and would recommend a few spots for hangouts:
1. Topper's - good outdoor bar with alot of fun locals and groups. Great food and handmade rum as well. (sxmtoppers.com)
2. Celine Pub Crawl - a great night out with folks on a catamaran that hits 3-4 spots for food and drink. Both locations are fun. (sailstmaarten.com)
3. Calmos Cafe - nice bar/grill on the French side (lecalmoscafe.com)

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/06/2015 08:28 PM

Appreciate the suggestions everyone. Two weeks away, can't wait.
Posted By: Sunblind

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/06/2015 09:55 PM

If you are staying on French side, There is a reggae place at Cul de Sac called Stoshi busy on Friday nights. Not sure if that is correct spelling. It on the left just before the pharmacy. Gets busy at about 10-11, but the music should start about 9. Try their fresh fish it's delicious! Calamos in Grand Case on Thursday night, Lagoonies on Fri/Sat nights.
If he is looking to meet girls try Dutch side, French girls aren't interested in Americans.
Posted By: kccouple

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/07/2015 03:05 PM

Can't a single person go to the same places as other folks? Maybe he could try St.Martin Farmers only .com !!lol
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/07/2015 03:34 PM

kccouple said:
Can't a single person go to the same places as other folks? Maybe he could try St.Martin Farmers only .com !!lol

That was my thought also (not the Farmers part). Has he specifically said he wants to meet someone? Why not just take him everywhere YOU go?
Posted By: Durathror

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/07/2015 03:51 PM

jazzgal said:
kccouple said:

That was my thought also (not the Farmers part). Has he specifically said he wants to meet someone? Why not just take him everywhere YOU go?

Probably because sooner or later he will feel like a third leg. I think the OP is doing the right thing and trying to avoid that from happening.

Re: Traveling with a single - 08/07/2015 05:27 PM

We are obviously not going to go without him, just trying to find places that might be more conducive to meeting someone to talk or dance with etc... Thanks again for suggestions all.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline