TravelTalkOnline

AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS?

Posted By: PelicanPirate

AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/01/2016 02:36 AM

Noticed Toronto has some really good airfares to a multitude of places making it worthwhile to make a decent drive to take advantage. Both Air Canada and Air Transat have great airfares where I'm contemplating going.

Question, how good is Air Transat???
Posted By: CdnCouple

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/01/2016 02:51 AM

We have flown Air Transat to Portugal, UK and Italy and would us them again. Nothing to complain about. For longer flights, consider the Option Plus upgrade. We did and found it was money well spent.
Posted By: jeepers

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/01/2016 02:00 PM

The upgrade is good otherwise sardine like seats. WestJet best!

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/02/2016 09:58 PM

Thanks for the replies.

Are we talking Spirit airlines. Does transit nickel and dime baggage and stuff?
Posted By: sail2wind

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/03/2016 12:46 AM

Spirit does charge for everything, including carry on. We have no problems with Spirit. We always opt for the "Big Front Seat"and bring lunch or a snack aboard. Their liquor packages are cheaper then most other airlines.
Posted By: jimnjudy

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/03/2016 10:15 PM

We traveled Air Transaat...once. Unruly and noisy passengers not attended to...so cramped in I had to step out into the aisle to change my mind! The cheap price did NOT outweigh The horrible traveling conditions. Others have called them "cattle cars" on wings. Travel at your own peril
Posted By: eskimo888

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/04/2016 03:12 AM

We have use Air Transt an I have to agree very very cramped most charter companies cram them in

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/04/2016 03:54 AM

Thanks.......it is hard to pass up $580.00 for a nonstop Toronto to London-gatwick and return nonstop from Charles de Gaulle.

These flights are done with their A330 with new inflight entertainment. Most recent reviews of these specific planes/flights have been pretty good.

It is clear these flights drive down airfares from Toronto with other airlines including Air Canada and British Air.

Toronto to SXM over new years 2016/17 is in the $400's one stop on Delta and $515 nonstop on westjet.
Posted By: kayt111

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/04/2016 02:50 PM

We just flew them to SXM last week. Aside from the cramped seats it was fine. For small to average sized people on a budget it is worth it for the ~4 hour flight.

As an aside, we flew them to and from Europe last year and those planes were very spacious.
Posted By: Pajo

Re: AIR TRANSAT REVIEWS? - 04/04/2016 11:02 PM

We have used them for the past few years with packages to SXM and were quite happy - not ultra roomy but okay
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline