TravelTalkOnline

Marigot Blue Zone Parking

Posted By: wilsonck

Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 03:23 PM

So, I am walking the streets of Marigot right now and I have walked past hundreds of cars parked in the blue zone and have yet to see one parking disc in use. Makes you wonder why they even have this rule.
Posted By: NakedAsAJaybird

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 03:37 PM

I saw one "blue click" out of 76 cars in the blue zone on Wednesday. I have been to each of the numorous places where they were supposed to be distributed at least 4 times in the last 2 months. Each of the places said they had a few when the Blue Zone was first established, but ran out in one day and never got anymore. No one seems to know anything about it and they said they have no idea if or when they will be getting more.
Posted By: Bianca

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 04:02 PM

Have you tried the Police station in Marigot? That is where I got mine about a month ago. I also haven't seen anyone using them yet while parked in a blue zone space.
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 04:22 PM

Reminds me of the breathalyzer hype.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 04:28 PM

Yes, tried there several times, no luck yet.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 04/30/2016 04:47 PM

Well, that is just stupid. Why make a law if there is no ability to comply with it?
Posted By: january

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 05/01/2016 12:23 AM

If I'm not mistaken, the requirement that they be used does not go into effect until May 1.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 05/01/2016 01:38 AM

That is correct, but they still have no blue tags to distribute. I stopped at 3 places today. I think I'll just get a toy clock and paint it blue and put it in the windshield. LOL

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 05/01/2016 12:17 PM

It went into effect starting March 1st, from the Daily Herald

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 05/01/2016 12:25 PM

Thanks for looking that up. I thought it was already in effect and according to that story, the grace period has expired also. (..unless there was some extension of the time period, which I certainly haven't heard about..) How many cars are there on the island? They claim they made 20,000 of these things..

Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/01/2016 11:33 PM

Supposedly, as of June 1st, Blue Zone Parking is now really in effect in Marigot, as opposed to the previous announced date of March 1st. It is a €135 fine to park in the Blue Zone without a disk or be parked longer than 1hr 30min. Story here.
Posted By: RobT

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/02/2016 12:08 AM

It is just indifference on the part of the locals. I must have walked by the Galis Bay parking lot 5 mornings last month and the only vehicle I saw was the free shuttle. Marigot looks worse every time I go to St Martin. Maybe if they enforce the parking restrictions it will help. My car rental company never mentioned the blue disks to me.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/02/2016 12:47 AM

Now all the Collectivitie has to do is distribute the blue tags to the places they advertised would have them.I continue to stop at every place several times a week, including the Marigot & Grand Case Police Stations and there are no blue tags available. Rumor has it that they had not received another delivery when they ran out the first time. In the meantime, there are lots & lots of empty spaces at the Galisbay parking lot.
Posted By: estellesxm

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/02/2016 11:12 AM

some informations about the blue zone...http://www.soualigapost.com/en/news/1465/soci%C3%A9t%C3%A9/zone-bleue-real-launch-wednesday
Posted By: MrWhiskerssammy

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/03/2016 11:44 AM

Where is the Galis Bay parking lot?
Posted By: GaKaye

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/03/2016 11:50 AM

Coming from Grand Case, turn right at the roundabout. The parking lot is along the lagoon on your right.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/03/2016 11:51 AM

If you have gone by the waterfront in Marigot to avoid the traffic, it's on the water side, a fair amount away from the downtown. I am terrible with distances, but I would say maybe a quarter mile before the Yacht Club there, if you're coming from the Grand Case side. When we went by the other day, there was a bus sitting there in the parking lot. There is some parking that is not blue zone that is closer than that.
Posted By: PML

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/18/2016 04:43 PM

The blue zone parking rules are certainly in effect. We just returned from 10 days in St. Martin. On our first visit to Marigot noticed lots of parking spaces around the market marked with blue lines. Thanks to this board we elected not to park there. Found the gravel lot further down the road packed. Finally found a space near the cemetery.

Then we came upon a local police officer busy issuing lots of tickets to cars parked in blue spaced with no blue tags. He told us the fine is 17 Euro. Marigot was making lots of money that day.

There is no signage to indicate what the blue markings mean. So unless a tourist has followed this development on this site (or maybe elsewhere) they are a prime target for the parking enforcement officer.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking Really in Effect(take2) - 06/18/2016 04:55 PM

There are a few signs posted in french that explain blue zone parking. They are just posted few and far between each other.
Posted By: lbksxm

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 03:49 PM

We tried to find the discs at about five different french side gas stations last week with no luck. We then went to the Hotel de la Collectieve and got one (in the front door and to the right). We use it on the French side so we do not have to worry about whether they are enforcing it or not.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 04:57 PM

Just curious if there was a charge for the disc?

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 05:50 PM

Blue Zone Parking discs are free of charge.
Posted By: lbksxm

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 06:24 PM

It was free - just have to write down your name and license number.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 09:57 PM

Naked--did you ever get one?? I know that you had tried numerous times.

Re: Marigot Blue Zone Parking - 06/19/2016 10:27 PM

No, but we will check the Collectivitie tomorrow. Thanks for asking.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline