TravelTalkOnline

getting to Nevis from SXM

Posted By: jerber160

getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/13/2016 05:04 PM

After the past 3 trips to SXM I'm thinking of mixing it up a bit... and was wondering how I'd get to Nevis from SXM? the direct flights from Miami seem to be gone... so maybe a day on sxm each way is the way to go... another choice would be Puerto Rico? I was wondering what you all thought?
Posted By: wilsonck

Re: getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/13/2016 05:46 PM

Winair from SXM or Cape Air, Seaborne, Tradewind from SJU would be your choices for direct air service to Nevis. Delta, American, and United fly to St Kitts and you could take a ferry to Nevis.
Posted By: jerber160

Re: getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/13/2016 06:55 PM

thank you. has anyone done the ferry? is it rough and long? how about prices on flights? reasonable? thanks guys
Posted By: Jerry_R

Re: getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/14/2016 02:41 AM

The ferry is 40 minutes depending on wind & waves. You can be outside and enjoy the air & spray or stay inside. The last time we took it from St. Kitts to Nevis was several years ago. Here's a link for more info: St. Kitts/Nevis Ferry info
Posted By: Fletch

Re: getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/14/2016 08:26 AM

Cape Air has suspended flights from SJU to NEV so only flight options from SJU are Seaborne and Tradewind. Prices vary depending on time of year and day. Seaborne is usually less than Tradewind. Go to respective websites for actual pricing. Winair is only flight option from SXM.

Whether you find any flight prices "reasonable" depends on your definition of that word. It is rarely inexpensive to fly between islands in the Caribbean.

Smoothness of ferry ride depends on sea conditions the day you travel. On waiver days the ferry will alter its course and hug the shore lines of both islands to minimize wave action. It will add about 5 to 10 minutes to the trip but make it a bit smoother.
Posted By: jmbcomms

Re: getting to Nevis from SXM - 06/16/2016 09:44 PM

We flew to NEV from SXM on Winair in March to celebrate our 50th anniversary. The island is VERY different from SXM but we really enjoyed the trip. Winair was 25 minutes each way, smooth and scenic. I'd highly recommend them... Definitely go to Sunshine's on the beach... and Mount Nevis hotel has a beautiful dining room. Enjoyed Nisbet Plantation beach too!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline