TravelTalkOnline

regatta parties

Posted By: BlueGreenWater

regatta parties - 12/31/2016 09:26 PM

Does anyone know whether or ot the final night party of the Heineken regatta in March is still planned to be held on Kim Sha Beach?
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: regatta parties - 12/31/2016 09:38 PM

According to the website it is not officially announced yet but unless something changes, I would expect it to be on Kim Sha.
Posted By: Zanshin

Re: regatta parties - 12/31/2016 10:31 PM

The final night is always held on Kim Sha beach.

Re: regatta parties - 12/31/2016 10:38 PM

I am aware of that but some years they have had two parties on Kim Sha and some years only one. Depends on if there is a party in Marigot.

Re: regatta parties - 01/04/2017 12:27 AM

I've heard repeated rumors that it won't be on Kim Sha this year because the Dutch government didn't pay the bills from last year. Odd that they haven't announced it on the website.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: regatta parties - 01/04/2017 01:02 AM

Dutch government hasn't paid the Heineken sponsors for the past two years, as far as I know. As to whether that will change where the parties are, who knows?

Re: regatta parties - 01/04/2017 08:23 PM

Based on what Aqua Mania has on their website (in conjunction with spectator boat trips), Saturday and Sunday are both listed as being on Kim Sha Beach. The Regatta website still does not have locations so take it for what it is worth.

Re: regatta parties - 01/05/2017 01:21 PM

I contacted the Regatta office and received the following reply:

Yes, both Saturday and Sunday will be on Kim Sha Beach again this year.

Supposedly the "official" Regatta magazine is due out next week and will contain the information on the parties. I would expect the website to be updated then also.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: regatta parties - 01/05/2017 02:16 PM

Thanks for posting. Couldn't really imagine that at least Sunday night wouldn't have been there and for them, I'm sure two nights in a row at the same place is a lot easier than a different place every night.

Re: regatta parties - 01/05/2017 07:33 PM

Correct. No mention of a Thursday party at PDP but perhaps that will be announced later.

Re: regatta parties - 01/06/2017 11:59 AM

And now I understand the usual Thursday party at PDP is scheduled.

Re: regatta parties - 01/09/2017 08:08 PM

Party Schedule

Re: regatta parties - 01/10/2017 02:58 AM

Thanks! Guess we'll see everyone on Kim Sha.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline