TravelTalkOnline

track while you fly?

Posted By: blackmercedes

track while you fly? - 02/05/2017 02:39 PM

Is there an app that someone could recommend for Android that allows you to track while we fly tomorrow to SXM? So Excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks.
Posted By: kim

Re: track while you fly? - 02/05/2017 02:44 PM

Track? Like watch your plane? JB has it on the screens.
Posted By: boucharda

Re: track while you fly? - 02/05/2017 04:55 PM

You could use an app like Flight View live but it would be the same as the screen on the seat in front of you...and you would need working wifi for the app....won't work once you are a distance from land

This is assuming you are on an airline that HAS individual entertainment screens and/or wifi
Posted By: Julius

Re: track while you fly? - 02/05/2017 06:36 PM

https://www.flightradar24.com
Posted By: boucharda

Re: track while you fly? - 02/05/2017 06:43 PM

Great site...but wifi needed. No good past the US mainland
Posted By: blooming

Re: track while you fly? - 02/06/2017 02:53 AM

Last Sunday, on the flight home, a fellow in front of us had an iPad with ForeFlight on it. It is a $300/year program for pilots that was FANTASTIC. It used GPS for a live feed. I have never seen anything like it. He told me that is very similar to what the pilot was seeing, if not the same images. We saw every island we were flying over.
Posted By: tiger79

Re: track while you fly? - 02/09/2017 10:46 PM

I use the Plane Finder app on my Android phone. Works using GPS to give you your position on a map. No wifi needed.
Posted By: blackmercedes

Re: track while you fly? - 02/12/2017 08:53 AM

Thank you for all the great information. We flew delta this time out of Atlanta and yes...I could track the flight from the back of the seat. We flew American in nov and august and I don't think our plane had that. I could be totally wrong though. It was so enjoyable watching the map and knowing we were closer and closer to our favorite destination on the planet. Love it here. And..El Zafiro is the most relaxing place to stay. Love love love.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline