TravelTalkOnline

Weather

Posted By: dkwolos

Weather - 03/17/2017 02:41 PM

I understand that no one can predict the weather but for you long time sxm'ers, if weather forecast says 60% chance rain, do you think it is a possibility all day? Or rain on one side of island and no rain on other side! We fly in next Saturday and is calling for rain 50-60% Saturday thru Wednesday! I also understand I'm still on vacation regardless but I'm hoping for sunshine all day! I work outside for a living in cold temperatures this time of year, please ease my mind! Thank you
Posted By: Dansc

Re: Weather - 03/17/2017 02:53 PM

pretty typical report. usually means sunny. It is true that if one side is raining often the other isnt. Strange but true. Have fun!
Posted By: SXMScubaman

Re: Weather - 03/17/2017 03:17 PM

Some of the web cams can save the day if your planning your morning beach. I look at the Club O cam, Maho and port cams to plan my day. Look beyond the beach and surf to scan the sky for approaching rain clouds and fronts.
Posted By: Dansc

Re: Weather - 03/17/2017 04:05 PM

good idea scuba
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Weather - 03/17/2017 05:11 PM

I would not worry about it. I returned last Friday from 2 weeks and we lost most of 1 day due to weather. It was extremely windy for several days and then the weather settled down. Good time of year to go and you will likely have great weather.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline