TravelTalkOnline

Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ?

Posted By: badbenni

Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 09/12/2017 06:48 PM

Dies anyone know if there is a cutoff time for filing an property insurance claim on the Dutch side of the Island as well on the French side for those who own property there as well?
Information would be greatly appreciated .
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 09/12/2017 06:58 PM

Not trying to be a smart-a$$ but I would think the policy would state that, the agent that sold it should know it as would the underwriter.

I have seen mention of 30 days, 60 days, etc. I am sure all companies have different guidelines.

Having just been through a hail storm with damage, I called my agent, looked at my policy and found there is a lot of leeway with initially filing.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 09/12/2017 07:51 PM

In a couple of different places on SXM Facebook pages (and unfortunately I can't remember where), I've seen ten days mentioned. That seems awfully short to me. I suspect it might be pretty difficult to contact your agent just now.
Posted By: SXMWendell

Re: Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 09/12/2017 08:00 PM

I would advise to read your insurance policy if available or contact your insurance agent. People knot even knowing your insurance brand cannot comment on this important of a thing.
Wendell
Posted By: PrairieGirl

Re: Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 09/12/2017 08:56 PM

The 10 days mentioned was supposedly (because I have no first-hand knowledge - I saw it on one of Marvio's FB videos) for NAGICO, the big local insurer in the Caribbean.
Posted By: sintmaarten

Re: Timeframe for filing Insurance Claim Dutch side ? - 01/04/2018 05:53 PM

Nagico was October 31 for Irma damages
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline