TravelTalkOnline

GEBE reports 100% water, 90% electric restored

Posted By: Carol_Hill

GEBE reports 100% water, 90% electric restored - 12/15/2017 02:27 PM

Daily Herald story
Posted By: sxmmm1987

Re: GEBE reports 100% water, 90% electric restored - 12/17/2017 06:43 PM

I was in need of my electric meter being replaced. A friend stood in line in Simpson Bay for almost 2 hours only to be told she had to file a report in Phillipsburg. So she did that. (but about 2 weeks after Irma, it had already been reported) Nothing got done. I finally called and was told they couldn't come out unless they had a phone contact. So, another friend helped out and said I could give GEBE his number. Not sure why they needed a number but my friend was finally called and told the meter was replaced. Had my electrician go out-wrong it wasn't replaced. I called again and was told the meter was fine since it was spinning according to tech. But, it was only working in some areas, not all. So there are phases and 2 phases were working-1 not. Finally they replaced my meter after 3 months. Shame on GEBE
Posted By: sasasal

Re: GEBE reports 100% water, 90% electric restored - 12/17/2017 09:30 PM

We who have spent many months on Island know that this company is and should be replaced, buy people that know what the heck they are doing. How the poor residents tolerate having no elec. or water when ever gebe wants to shut it down is beyond me... If I told you how many time we were on Island and had our elec shut during the worst times of day, sure no one would believe . But we are at there mercy, untill the residents try and rid them...
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: GEBE reports 100% water, 90% electric restored - 12/17/2017 09:33 PM

Since GEBE is government owned, there is nothing to replace them with..
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline