TravelTalkOnline

Club O alternatives ?

Posted By: MarkKhoury

Club O alternatives ? - 12/29/2017 06:21 PM

We're June regulars at Club O and hoping to find some way to continue next year. We'd like our visit to be helpful - not harmful - to the well-being of St. Martiners.

Our goal would be to spend days in and around the Perch Bar. Nightlife's not important. It seems there are two possibilities:

1. Find a naturist place nearby that would allow a daily walk to the south end of Orient Beach. Club Fantastico comes to mind, although I can't determine for sure if they're open. Maybe Jardin d'O?

2. A textile place on Orient Beach (as far south as possible).

I'd appreciate any recommendations as well as advice if a trip next June is feasible. Thanks!
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/29/2017 07:17 PM

Did you try to call Club Fantastico? I think their phone is in the US. To me, Club F is a bit of a walk, especially BACK from the beach, as it is all uphill, especially with a cooler and other beach stuff. Not saying it's not a nice place to stay, but for me, I wouldn't walk it back. You may well be in better shape than I am though.
Posted By: Biturbo

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/29/2017 09:14 PM

Chloe says that they hope to have Club Fantastico open by late January. It is a bit of a hike, although we know people who did so daily. Another C/O option is Residence Adam et Eve - in Orient Village just past the security booth.
Posted By: PelicanPirate

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/29/2017 10:38 PM

As both stayers at Club O and Mt Vernon, I would say anywhere along the beach that you can find that is clean and SAFE is good given the circumstances if you get a rental car. At best you haul in your towels and worst you haul in your cooler from the Club O lot assuming it’s still a parking lot. Also given the situation, maybe you go the easy route and buy all your drinks at Perch.

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/30/2017 12:10 AM

By June, there should be several places available at Mt. Vernon, yes..
Posted By: dannan

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/30/2017 04:00 AM

My villa will be ready for rental by mid February. It’s near where Coco beach Bar was. And no trek up hills.
Posted By: MarkKhoury

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 12/31/2017 03:45 AM

Dannan - would you pm me with details on possibly renting your villa? Thanks.
Posted By: marktravel

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/01/2018 02:51 PM

Club F is open for business at least as of Jan 28th because we are booked there for a week. The only damage they had was the outdoor bar and they have repaired it. I think, as of now, that we are the only guests booked for that week. Hopefully some others will book soon. I hear that things are fast getting better.
Posted By: CAL7

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/23/2018 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by dannan
My villa will be ready for rental by mid February. It’s near where Coco beach Bar was. And no trek up hills.

Looks really nice, so I made a booking request for this summer. We're looking forward to the adventure and how to contribute to the recovery. Now, if I can just find an airline that will get me from Florida to SXM. We usually take (or more accurately, gamble) Spirit from FLL - they're not flying yet, but are selling tickets beginning in February.

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/23/2018 02:57 PM

Not sure where you are in Florida, but right now, AA from Miami is your best choice from most of Florida.

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/24/2018 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by dannan

Dan & Nancy - My booking request for June 2 expired without response, but before I give up on staying with you, I just wanted to confirm that I'm not misunderstanding.

When I sent the request yesterday (Tuesday) it showed available for 2 June, but not today. Is it actually taken?

Thanks, Cal

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/24/2018 03:01 PM

Hi. Please take this conversation to PM's. Thank you.

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/24/2018 10:29 PM

Thanks for the gentle reminder, Carol. Have done.

But, also a question about access to the Club O beaches. I recall seeing a parking spot behind Pedro's. I don't know if it's for any parking or just for taxis to pickup/drop off. I ask because we're looking for alternatives to stay as close to the Club O beach, hopefully walking distance. But if that's not feasible, would we be feasible to daily drive and park close to Club O?
Posted By: Uksimonusa

Re: Club O alternatives ? - 01/26/2018 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by CAL7
Thanks for the gentle reminder, Carol. Have done.

But, also a question about access to the Club O beaches. I recall seeing a parking spot behind Pedro's. I don't know if it's for any parking or just for taxis to pickup/drop off. I ask because we're looking for alternatives to stay as close to the Club O beach, hopefully walking distance. But if that's not feasible, would we be feasible to daily drive and park close to Club O?

Parking is available on Club O property near Perch Lite, drive past the Club O entrance towards where Pedros was, go right, through the old taxi area by Pedros and Club O have a new entrance there.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline