TravelTalkOnline

Flight advice via ATL

Posted By: Angelface

Flight advice via ATL - 12/31/2017 03:00 AM

Hey folks. For my March trip, it’s looking like delta via Atlanta is going to be my best (cheapest) option from dc. I haven’t flown thru atl in decades. I have a one hour layover on the way down to SXM. Do you all think that’s enough time, keeping in mind I have will be traveling with a one year old yikes

Thanks!!
Posted By: Fletch

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 12/31/2017 03:16 AM

Assuming both flights are on Delta and on one ticket then on the way to SXM if your inbound flight is on time you should have no difficulty making a 1 hour connection. It is a “legal” connection other wise Delta wouldn’t sell you the ticket. Of course, if your inbound flight is delayed all bets are off.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 12/31/2017 10:15 AM

One hour should be sufficient unless there are weather or other delays. ATL has an underground tram system that is very efficient once you get to it. Chances are you will depart for SXM from a terminal that is different than your arrival terminal into ATL. There is also usually 20 minutes or so of extra time built into most flights so you have that to work with also.

While one hour is considered a "legal" connection, it has been mentioned on here multiple times that airlines sometimes do end up with connections that are not "legal" due to schedule changes, people not paying attention to the times or just their own scheduling.

Good luck.
Posted By: goozee

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 12/31/2017 02:00 PM

Yes - we fly MKE - ATL - St. Thomas often with 53 minutes in Atlanta and have never missed the flight. You will have to move quickly. Check your next flight number on the screen right after you get off the plane; head to gate 19 (which has the escalator down to the tram train). Get off at the correct gate (A, B, C, D, or E) and walk to your flight.

Goozee
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 12/31/2017 05:08 PM

That is tight. Considering that one hour, the other flight begins boarding 1/2 an hour before departure. You will definitely need to hurry, and KNOW WHERE YOU ARE GOING!
And, hopefully in March, no weather delay from DC.
Posted By: irish1223

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 01/02/2018 01:09 AM

As long as it's a 'legal' connection, you should be fine. As stated above, ATL has an efficient tram transport system. Just check your gate immediately after getting off the first leg so you know where you need to be.
Posted By: Angelface

Re: Flight advice via ATL - 01/02/2018 02:28 AM

Thanks everyone! I ended up finding an earlier flight from bwi, so we will have 2 hours to connect. (God be with me on a 6am flight with my child lol)

Let the countdown begin!
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline