TravelTalkOnline

Towers fees

Posted By: islandlove

Towers fees - 01/26/2018 09:37 PM

Hi all,
I called the Towers regarding MF. They told me to pay the same amount as last year and mail them in. As soon as computers are fixed they would send me the remaining to pay. Can you tell me if this is what you all were told? Many thanks
Posted By: pat

Re: Towers fees - 01/26/2018 10:07 PM

Lyn,

This is basically what most of us are hearing but they’ve also been willing to accept them directly over the phone as credit card charges. I was never told to mail the payments but it might depend on who you speak with or the timing of your inquiry. I believe they still have a mail drop forwarding address in Florida.

And as an additional thought, if you’re on Facebook at all, there is a FB group for friends of the Towers at Mullet Bay with information and occasional updates as to what’s going on there.

Re: Towers fees - 01/26/2018 11:08 PM

Thank you Pat. Your probably right...it depends on who you talk to. I am part of the FB group...but it seems that some of the questions we ask disappear.....
Posted By: BeachKitten

Re: Towers fees - 01/26/2018 11:52 PM

I did not get to use one of my 3 weeks last year. Unable to go in November. I'm not willing to pay for next year, with no idea if we would even be able to come and stay there. I feel as if they owe ME. I should be able to use that week, but they want 2018 paid in order to get use of my 2017 week. Nope, not going to throw good money after bad.
We will go to SXM, but stay elsewhere.
Posted By: Yana

Re: Towers fees - 01/27/2018 03:00 AM

I am hesitant to mail in my MF or share cc info at the present time. If they lost their database, what is the guarantee that my payment will be processed correctly? We missed out week #51, but having MF fees paid in full allowed me to deposit my week with RCI. If Towers report progress with renovations (on FB) and our unit is ready to be used, I will make my payment well in advance before week 51. I really miss Towers...
Posted By: johnhill

Re: Towers fees - 01/27/2018 03:37 AM

Pat; from your post regards my first trip report-we drove out to the Towers today and actually saw crews doing interior demo. We met Marlin Woodley outside and he told us you might know him-he is supervising some of the work and told me they finally have a crane arriving this weekend and will start roof repairs. He said they are gutting floors 6, 7 & 8 and they are hoping to finish and reopen in 5-6 months. I asked about medical students and he said 1 or 2 units are occupied with students from AUC.

Re: Towers fees - 01/27/2018 09:48 AM

johnhill that sounds promising! i will mail in the MF and pray they rebuild. i dont want to loose my place at the towers...is my favorite place in the world. fingers crossed......thank you all
Posted By: pat

Re: Towers fees - 01/27/2018 02:48 PM

Hi, Johnhill, and thank you for your most recent update.

Like so many others, we have unused time from 2017 and it’s been very disheartening trying to decide what to do about paying our AMFs for this year. Knowing there is actually work taking place is a good thing and makes paying them a lot easier.

And please know, we really do appreciate you taking the time from your vacation and making the effort to do a property-specific report. The Towers is trying but their updates are sporadic and not as specific as we’d like but as I said, they’re trying and that in itself is a big deal.

Again, sincere thanks on behalf of all us owners here on TTOL.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline