TravelTalkOnline

Cleaning up the French side/Tourism

Posted By: ruralcarrier

Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 10:37 AM

Daily Herald Link
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 01:31 PM

Underground cable. At 1st I thought this is something that would benefit the Dutch side since power is always going out. But then I realized the problem is i the Dutch electric company's grid.
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 01:44 PM

I got nothing out of that story, especially with regard to progress on Orient, which is there is none.
Posted By: ruralcarrier

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 01:47 PM

Orient was mentioned but that is about it. No mention about anything significant and no mention of any places having been given permission for temporary structures or to start rebuilding either.

The restaurants belonging to the Collectivite were mentioned as going to be "gradually rebuilt". Not a real sense of urgency.
Posted By: sxmmartini

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 01:53 PM

Lolos in Grand Case open and Friars Bay sounds good to me.
Posted By: RonDon

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 06:08 PM

Seems like this article centered on the development of Marigot, a project already on the books. I think they should repair, replace all of French side before continuing with a project that some have already objected to from what I've read.
Posted By: Jay&Kath

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/27/2018 08:25 PM

This does not encourage me about my 10th anniversary trip to orient beach. I have had people tell me they will clean it up right away, its the biggest tourist beach on the island. Now I hear nothing is being done. Is there someone who really knows what's what?
Posted By: BillandElaine

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/28/2018 11:33 AM

There has been plenty discussion and even pictures posted about the status or Orient Beach. The beach is clean and beautiful, but very few (probably only one now) places to eat or drink right on the beach. If you're looking for the party place it was in years gone by, you won't find in now.
Posted By: jazzgal

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/28/2018 08:03 PM

I might actually enjoy Orient Beach this next visit! grin
Posted By: Carol_Hill

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/28/2018 10:02 PM

IF you bring your own chairs and food etc., you certainly can find a deserted stretch of beautiful beach, as of now, anyway. Perhaps by June, some of the five stars might be open minimally. But for a lunch with services, or even a bathroom, other than Club O, not sure it will happen any time soon.
Posted By: Jay&Kath

Re: Cleaning up the French side/Tourism - 01/28/2018 11:35 PM

Thanks. Ww have a villa and a pool and the beach and ocean. Club O and Perch. 3 couples. I can live with that.
© 2024 TravelTalkOnline